02/02 - Thrilling Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicytacosaurus

Reaction score
there was a "magic hit"...someone posted on reddit years ago around Christmas, maybe 2013? Said he got masters after doing this qual and then a small batch. A bunch of us did it and got masters a few weeks later. IIRC, there used to be a couple masters quals - one for video reviews or something, one for sorting. Now they're all rolled up into one.

There really wasn't a rhyme or reason for why they handed them out. Just lucky enough to catch the right hit at the right time. That's why some got it a 6K hits, others had 500K and no masters. I think I had 13K hits when I got mine (1.2 mil now)
I think masters never turned out to be the big moneymaker Amazon so they've just dropped it. Still use it as default for new requesters so they can charge them extra if they don't uncheck the box.
1.2 million? good lord :hail:

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
huh? I had to throw this back. no idea what was happening (perhaps I missed something)

Title:
Brand study(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Brand Lab [A19U7O692M1ZKO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.84] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 49
Description: Take part in a short academic study on brands (~5 minutes)
Qualifications: Exc: [64317986-402977] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Reactions: Blakkat

jenu

Reaction score
I don't think they give it out anymore - at least not in any significant numbers.
years ago, people had all kinds of theories about who got masters (did they do a magic hit?). Some really elaborate narratives popped up - that usually related to what an individual did, prior to getting masters.

In reality, more than one person got it who had lost their account (yes, they did). Some got it with relatively brand new accounts.

It was probably a lottery - with some minimum qualifications (that didn't always register banned accounts, lol). FWIW, I don't have masters and don't expect it.
I also don't understand this hidden mechanism by which the master's degree is awarded. It should probably be something simple and clear as daylight and well defined, so as not to create unnecessary suspicions and confusion.

Zick

Reaction score
I don't think they give it out anymore - at least not in any significant numbers.
years ago, people had all kinds of theories about who got masters (did they do a magic hit?). Some really elaborate narratives popped up - that usually related to what an individual did, prior to getting masters.

In reality, more than one person got it who had lost their account (yes, they did). Some got it with relatively brand new accounts.

It was probably a lottery - with some minimum qualifications (that didn't always register banned accounts, lol). FWIW, I don't have masters and don't expect it.
I'm one that had it and then lost my account. Had my original account suspended back in 2017 or 2018, and then was able to register a new account using the same SSN. It makes me think that they just cleared the identifying info on the other account and let me start from scratch. I can't remember if I ever got any communication back from Amazon about it.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Survey about consumer decisions(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Serena Hagerty [AO7O5Y6HNW7SP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.56] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Available: 42
Description: This short (2-3 min) survey will ask you for your opinions.
Qualifications: Exc: [-1989365107-403388] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Insight Study - Charity Ad Evaluation(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ksobol [A2P8BQPURUITUU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.40] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Available: 23
Description: This is a short online study that should take you about 3-5 minutes to complete. Please read the questions carefully and answer them as honestly as you can. Also, to ensure data quality, please make sure that you are free of distraction and interruption for the duration of the study. Thank you
Qualifications: Exc: [403981-403392] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50000; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

blackpupjean

Reaction score
there was a "magic hit"...someone posted on reddit years ago around Christmas, maybe 2013? Said he got masters after doing this qual and then a small batch. A bunch of us did it and got masters a few weeks later. IIRC, there used to be a couple masters quals - one for video reviews or something, one for sorting. Now they're all rolled up into one.

There really wasn't a rhyme or reason for why they handed them out. Just lucky enough to catch the right hit at the right time. That's why some got it a 6K hits, others had 500K and no masters. I think I had 13K hits when I got mine (1.2 mil now)
I think masters never turned out to be the big moneymaker Amazon so they've just dropped it. Still use it as default for new requesters so they can charge them extra if they don't uncheck the box.
That's a lot of HITS. I don't remember when I got mine, but it was back in the glory years when the HITS were still good and they didn't re vamp the website. I now have 70K plus HiTS.

arun2490

Reaction score
UPSIDE SERVICES STOP THIR UPLOAD HITS?

jan

Reaction score
Title: Short Judgment Study | Accept
Requester: Prof. Dan Bartels [AR6MXRKDX6EXF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.72] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: In this academic study, you will read several scenarios and answer questions about your reactions to them. Participation should take approximately ten minutes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Study on consumer preferences(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jan Landwehr [A151B2PYXEA86N]
TurkerView: [ $11.02 / hour ]
Description: In this scientific study, you will be exposed to different products which you will be asked to evaluate. The study takes approximately 4 minutes.
Duration: 90 Min
Available: 85
Reward: $0.48
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [51623394-403367] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85
  • Location In US
[32WAV7G6ZO0TTQ1P6K25XP18HP33D1]

Status
Not open for further replies.