Rep Present Endoscopic Surgery (FESS) Skill Assessment

LOS

Requester
Reaction score
Hello! We will be releasing 10 more qualification HITs for Targets 3 and 8 each - tomorrow early morning.

sandyriver

Reaction score
It's 9.15 AM EST. Did I miss the qualf HITS again :(

sandyriver

Reaction score
wow,waited the whole day in this forum for the qualif and just when I log off for the day you have replied. My luck I guess. I see 2 HITS available for Target 8. Crossing my fingers.
The take qualification test link still goes to There are no HITS available.
Is someone still working on it or the qualifications are all over?
I wish the qualifications were a separate link. I have to cancel the qualification HIT every time there is no HIT available when I click on the link because the timer keeps running. I hope this will not ruin my chance with the requester.

BTW, can you panda a qualification?

Last edited:

LOS

Requester
Reaction score
wow,waited the whole day in this forum for the qualif and just when I log off for the day you have replied. My luck I guess. I see 2 HITS available for Target 8. Crossing my fingers.
The take qualification test link still goes to There are no HITS available.
Is someone still working on it or the qualifications are all over?
I wish the qualifications were a separate link. I have to cancel the qualification HIT every time there is no HIT available when I click on the link because the timer keeps running. I hope this will not ruin my chance with the requester.

BTW, can you panda a qualification?
It will not ruin your chance. :)

LOS

Requester
Reaction score
LOS @LOS
Will there be any qualification hits up again soon?
sandyriver @sandyriver
At this point, we are just waiting for some remaining HITs to be done.
So, no new qualifications for now.
It will be time soon to analyze the data obtained.
As mentioned before, we are an academic requester so it will be a slower process relatively.
Will post here if we plan to release new qual HITs and will tag you too!

sandyriver

Reaction score
LOS @LOS. Thank you . appreciate your efforts in releasing the qualification HITs for me. Passed target 3 but target 8 kicked me out saying i was wrong.
The videos are completely understandable about reaching the target and all but could you have the questions rephrased. I had to look at the videos several times for target 8 and even then it failed me.
The C-Sat videos typically show a surgeon at work, we watch the video and rate the surgeon, if he/she was smooth in the surgery and did not harm other tissues and also handling of the camera and the machine.Then if the surgeon would pass or fail.

LOS

Requester
Reaction score
LOS @LOS. Thank you . appreciate your efforts in releasing the qualification HITs for me. Passed target 3 but target 8 kicked me out saying i was wrong.
The videos are completely understandable about reaching the target and all but could you have the questions rephrased. I had to look at the videos several times for target 8 and even then it failed me.
The C-Sat videos typically show a surgeon at work, we watch the video and rate the surgeon, if he/she was smooth in the surgery and did not harm other tissues and also handling of the camera and the machine.Then if the surgeon would pass or fail.
I understand what you mean and Target 8 is a tough one.
However, note that these HITs are different than C-SATS where the sole purpose is to evaluate the skill in components related to technical knowledge.
Here, we have the first component of accuracy (understanding what the target region is) and second component of technical skills about smoothness, efficiency and tissue handling (understanding how to perform).
And we do mention this in the training video.

Having said that, if you think there should be any more information in the training video and if there are some misleading examples or language used,
we would love to hear and make changes for future.

Note: we have tried our best to ensure just payment and fairness on our side and will continue to do so. Also we are open to feedback and criticism and we are here to learn more and do a better job as a requester.

sandyriver

Reaction score
LOS @LOS, appreciate your efforts on inputs. I guess I should not have attempted target 8. I would prefer to go from level 1 though to do a good job.

Reactions: LOS