First time on MTurk Crowd

YungTurk82

Reaction score
Excited to be a part of this community and to build up my turking experience. I'm familiar with scripts and have been using MTurk for about three and a half months. I was looking for a supportive community to periodically get advice from as well as contribute anything I find and met an amazing fellow MTurker by chance Itsmee @Itsmee in a Prolific chat survey in which, we were paid to talk about MTurk! Best thing ever! Looking forward to all of your insights and I'm also hoping to give back as much as learn!

A couple of questions for anyone willing to answer.

Which script combinations do you use and why?

How much do you make a week and how many hours of turking are you doing to achieve that amount?

Lastly, are survey's best or repetitive HITs that are low paying but high in frequency?

Thank you guys once again! I hope all has been well! Looking forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully being able to share some knowledge as I get more acquainted with turking!

Reactions: jan and Itsmee

jan

Reaction score
Excited to be a part of this community and to build up my turking experience. I'm familiar with scripts and have been using MTurk for about three and a half months. I was looking for a supportive community to periodically get advice from as well as contribute anything I find and met an amazing fellow MTurker by chance Itsmee @Itsmee in a Prolific chat survey in which, we were paid to talk about MTurk! Best thing ever! Looking forward to all of your insights and I'm also hoping to give back as much as learn!

A couple of questions for anyone willing to answer.

Which script combinations do you use and why?

How much do you make a week and how many hours of turking are you doing to achieve that amount?

Lastly, are survey's best or repetitive HITs that are low paying but high in frequency?

Thank you guys once again! I hope all has been well! Looking forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully being able to share some knowledge as I get more acquainted with turking!
welcome!
Have you read through this?
https://www.mturkguide.com/

and, in general, surveys pretty much suck. It's much better to get quals and jump on batch work (if there is any!) The pay can be much better.