Help! I am lost...

luckyjsw

Reaction score
I joined MT because I need writers for short blurbs of content (2-3 paragraphs) for my website. The Amazon instructions are horrible and fragmented. I set about creating a HIT and did okay until I reached the "Choose a Template" page. None of the choices appear to have anything to do with content writers. I couln't figure out how to post a screenshot here to show you the template choices, but NONE of them say "writing".

Can anyone point me to a guide which really has step-by-step instructions for new requesters? Any help appreciated!

----------------------

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
If you are going to create a HIT directly on mturk and need something that isn't provided by one of the generic templates you will need to know some basic HTML.

To do what you want I would choose the "survey" option, go to "design layout" and then edit the HIT to my liking via HTML.

If you don't know HTML you may be better off learning how to use a service like qualtrics and then using the survey link template to link to a qualtrics page where people can write the content.

Reactions: jeff007 and savvy

jeff007

Requester
Reaction score
As a new Requester, your approach might be to spend a substantial amount of time in the Requester Sandbox. There is also a corresponding Worker Sandbox that you will want to use.

Experiment with various configurations and formats provided by the template examples, and like TSolo315 @TSolo315 says, "Survey" [not "Survey Link"] might be the best place for you to begin. Modify that template and give it your own name for it. Then you will have an existing template of your own. (I have a few of various types which I tend to customize for each batch)

Click "Create Project" and this will create something you can edit. Might have to dig in to understand the tags and stuff. But you can keep experimenting in the Sandbox.