How long does it take to approve my account

Sho0t

Reaction score
Hello ,
I have recently join mturk and it has been more than 2 weeks since i apply to mturk . My account still not approved with the following message
We are reviewing your account.
We will send you an email when we have completed the review of your account to let you know whether or not your account has been accepted. If you need to update your email address, please log into and select "Your Account" to update your email address.

Meanwhile you can browse available work on Mechanical Turk.
I tried to contact them and there responds was
Hi Ahmed,

I know you’re eager to get started working HITs and earning money.

As applications are reviewed based on business need we are unable to provide a specific time frame for when your application will be approved or denied.

We'll notify you as soon as the review process has been completed and let you know whether or not your account has been accepted.

In the meantime, you can browse the HITs available to see what you may have an interest in working.

We appreciate your patience while the review is taking place.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
how long does it take to approve my account? and is it possible to work in mturk for someone in Saudi Arabia?

jan

Reaction score
Hello ,
I have recently join mturk and it has been more than 2 weeks since i apply to mturk . My account still not approved with the following message

I tried to contact them and there responds was

how long does it take to approve my account? and is it possible to work in mturk for someone in Saudi Arabia?
I have no idea about Saudi Arabia - in the beginning you could turk from abroad. Then, they restricted it to just USA. I don't know the status of that now (though I'm sure someone will post who knows more than I :).
I do know that they have been really slow on opening up new accounts (in fact, some folks have been rejected flat-out) -

Sho0t

Reaction score
Thank you for your replay and i read some post in reddits that a lot of people get rejected from US but i don't know what the statuion now about non us .
Anyone get accpeted from outstide us lately ?

Sho0t

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Mechanical Turk.
Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
:cry2:

Reactions: jan

Hinatadragon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mturk is not accepting applications? I know two people who applied and did not get approved not sure why.

jan

Reaction score
Please someone tell me
we have no way of knowing. Amazon does as amazon wants to -
I'm sure there is a process, but we don't know much about it. This board (and others like it) are really to share community, hits, and advice.

I know that my account was approved in about a week (perhaps less). Others have reported that they applied and waited and waited. Sometimes it seems that amazon is looking for new workers. Other times, they seem not to be - and things are just sort of stuck.

I hope they get back to you soon, though. I know it's hard to wait.

musty082

Reaction score
Is there anyway of approving account? tired of rejected of account. any scope............

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Is there anyway of approving account? tired of rejected of account. any scope............
Unfortunately we don't have any way of knowing if your account would be approved in the future. Some are approved almost immediately, and others have reported finally getting an acceptance email after waiting a year. I'm sorry we can't be more help, it's just not information Amazon has shared with us on their approval process.

ALLS

Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't have any way of knowing if your account would be approved in the future. Some are approved almost immediately, and others have reported finally getting an acceptance email after waiting a year. I'm sorry we can't be more help, it's just not information Amazon has shared with us on their approval process.
Can we get a suspended account back ?
Any scope

jan

Reaction score
Can we get a suspended account back ?
Any scope
Many have. But they have had to work with Amazon - it often takes repeated emails and a bit of work.

But - sure, you can :).

ALLS

Reaction score
Many have. But they have had to work with Amazon - it often takes repeated emails and a bit of work.

But - sure, you can :).
What are the ways of getting back a suspended account.
An hints ,any specific person to email ?

jan

Reaction score
What are the ways of getting back a suspended account.
An hints ,any specific person to email ?
The only hint, from what I know, is persistence. People who have lost their accounts and gotten them back, have spent quite a bit of time on it. They email pretty regularly and request information and contact from Amazon. It often works.

Reactions: ALLS and savvy