How to register and run a longitudinal study

qwigoqwaga

Reaction score
I'm new to using MTurk and I want to run a longitudinal study using Qualtrics. After participants complete the first survey, they should be randomly assigned to be automatically sent a follow up survey either 24, 48, 72, or 96 hours later (ideally with a maximum completion window allowed of 120 hours since completion of the first survey).

Is this possible to do on MTurk and if so, how?

Also, would it be possible to pay participants only after they complete the second survey?

Additionally, I can't even figure oiut how to sign up as a requester. First I signed up on CloudResearch, but I couldn't determine whether that's actually MTurk or a third-party site since there's also an actual MTurk website, but when I tried to sign up there, it wanted me to create an AWS account (which I'm not even sure what that is) and put in a credit card to sign up with and said something about account limits, which makes it sound like a subscription. How the heck do I register?

rawrkevtar

hawaii gamer
Reaction score
The survey parameters you explained are possible. Usually the requester will ask for an email address to where you can send the worker an email about a HIT posting to complete a follow up survey(I am also unsure if the mturk policy actually prohibits this) I've seen it happen many times before but do not know how it is accomplished.

Also, I dont think many workers will want to complete your HIT if there is no pay for the first qualtrics study and only pay for the follow up.

I would believe you set up your requester account through the mturk website and not a thrid party. AWS is Amazon Web Services. Which would be an amazon account to my knowledge.

As for the account limits I am unsure. I'm only a worker but hope this information can help

Last edited: