More Workers Completed Survey than HITs allowed me to pay

hannahbee444

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please bear with me as I am new to MTurk. I posted a survey today and realized there was an error in my syntax for receiving the HIT. Too late. While I approved all HITs on my Requester page that came through (as this mistake was my fault) and helped all that emailed me, I have more completed surveys than HITs I paid. Approximately 100 people who were not paid, completed the survey. I disabled all IP addresses and did not ask for Worker ID's for privacy reasons prior to releasing the survey. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Is the only thing to do to wait until they email me? I have "automatic payment" set up for after 5 days but don't have any pending payments. I'm afraid I'm going to get 100 angry emails or workers reaching out to my IRB saying I did not pay them. I can't be the first one, right? Ugh. Such a disaster. Thank you in advance.

HumanVector

Reaction score
Hannah

I recommend you contact your IRB proactively, and cite these efforts you have made to remediate a minor technical slip-up.
I suspect they are more interested in your ethical competence than your technical competence.

Dov