Never Ending Chat

Favorite animals:

• Total voters

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Allow me to vent if I may. Today is the first time I felt disrespected at my current job. I knew it was coming, because engineers are fucking in love with themselves. This decision was made completely on ego. Not that all of their decisions aren’t made on ego rather than what works. But this one directly impacted me, and I was made to feel small because of it. They honestly believe that education is a direct correlation of intelligence, and the only thing that matters are the letters after your name. E.I.T., P.E., I don’t give a fuck. The letters after my name are B.A. and F.U. I really miss the oil field. Thank you for your time.
How did they disrespect you?

I was a chemical engineering major for a year and a half in college. I never encountered many arrogant ones. I would say they seemed driven. Sometimes, if you're a very smart person (proven by years of academics and standardized test scores), it's easy to fall into patterns of "that person doesn't know as much as me." I'll admit to doing it sometimes.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
How did they disrespect you?

I was a chemical engineering major for a year and a half in college. I never encountered many arrogant ones. I would say they seemed driven. Sometimes, if you're a very smart person (proven by years of academics and standardized test scores), it's easy to fall into patterns of "that person doesn't know as much as me." I'll admit to doing it sometimes.
Oh, it was a case of my design which worked perfectly fine being rejected for the engineer’s which also worked perfectly fine. I wouldn’t have an issue with that if the same engineer hadn’t worked with me and given the green light on my design weeks ago. So now I have to redo much of my work, and it was made clear that it was because of my position. Again, fine, let’s do this how you want it done. But we could have done that weeks ago without the need to feed your ego. This is civil engineering, and it was the same when I worked in the field 20 years ago.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh, it was a case of my design which worked perfectly fine being rejected for the engineer’s which also worked perfectly fine. I wouldn’t have an issue with that if the same engineer hadn’t worked with me and given the green light on my design weeks ago. So now I have to redo much of my work, and it was made clear that it was because of my position. Again, fine, let’s do this how you want it done. But we could have done that weeks ago without the need to feed your ego. This is civil engineering, and it was the same when I worked in the field 20 years ago.
Well, there are definitely people in the world who get off on pulling rank.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Any recs on small lighted xmas trees? I'll get a real wreath but need a new fake tree for my place. Last pretty white one didn't survive the move due to just finally shedding all over the place after 5 years. Probably 3ft or so is the size I'll need.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Any recs on small lighted xmas trees? I'll get a real wreath but need a new fake tree for my place. Last pretty white one didn't survive the move due to just finally shedding all over the place after 5 years. Probably 3ft or so is the size I'll need.
I've had this 2 ft. one for the last few years and I'm happy with it. I would imagine they make a 3 ft version as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ED79PDY/

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Oh that's cute! I would get a smaller one but have too many ornaments that are dear to me. :D
Yeah, I wish I could do bigger, but my space here is so limited. The only place I can really put one is on my dresser. Renting a room is hard sometimes.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is exactly what I want. A bit more than I was planning to spend though. Hmm.

https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Artificial-Christmas-Function-Decorations/dp/B07HKL3H34/
I am thinking of getting a small tree like that and putting it on a table or something. We have crazy high ceilings but no really good spot to put a large tree. So I'm thinking of other ways to decorate. I need to get started on a new Eucalyptus wreath for this year. I loved the one I made last year.

Last edited:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a small tree like that and putting it on a table or something. We have crazy high ceilings but no really good spot to put a large tree in. So I'm thinking of other ways to decorate. I need to get started on a new Eucalyptus wreath for this year. I loved the one I made last year.
I love eucalyptus. That sounds lovely.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Allow me to vent if I may. Today is the first time I felt disrespected at my current job. I knew it was coming, because engineers are fucking in love with themselves. This decision was made completely on ego. Not that all of their decisions aren’t made on ego rather than what works. But this one directly impacted me, and I was made to feel small because of it. They honestly believe that education is a direct correlation of intelligence, and the only thing that matters are the letters after your name. E.I.T., P.E., I don’t give a fuck. The letters after my name are B.A. and F.U. I really miss the oil field. Thank you for your time.
Hate people like that. Formal education is not even close to everything, though of course, it has many benefits. My husband never finished his degree and most of the people he works with have advanced degrees. Fortunately, they recognize how crazy smart he is and that he's fantastic at what he does. I guess he got lucky with either the company or his field.

Reactions: mboone73