Rep Present Prolific Academic

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
I appear to be in the sweet spot, demographic wise. On weekends there's multiple 3 pound and up studies to do, but it's one of those 'be there when it posts' situations.
Yeah, I suppose suburban white woman in her 30s is probably pretty well covered. :cautious:

Reactions: Metallica

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose suburban white woman in her 30s is probably pretty well covered. :cautious:
Hey, if nothing else, you have a pretty good shot in being in some sort of reality TV series.

Reactions: phusia

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
Hey, if nothing else, you have a pretty good shot in being in some sort of reality TV series.
It would just be me crying for half an hour every week because someone made me be on a reality TV show.

Reactions: Metallica

Lane Lester

Reaction score
Another user had a Prolific link in their signature. I visited the site, but I couldn't find what kind of pay you get for participating. Are you using this service?

Lane

Pepper'sMomma

Full time Momma and full time Turker
Reaction score
Another user had a Prolific link in their signature. I visited the site, but I couldn't find what kind of pay you get for participating. Are you using this service?

Lane

Prolific has surveys that you can do and they pay various amounts just like surveys on mturk do. You'll have to sign up for prolific and fill in the prescreening questions to see what you qualify for. For me the work is sporadic, but I've made £271.99 from the site. It transfers to paypal and you can convert it to American Dollars there. In my experience they pay a bit better more consistently than do surveys on mturk and because of the prescreening questions you are qualified for whatever they let you see. However they are available less frequently so it's not as reliable for income. I think it's worth signing up for even if you only look at it sporadically. Good luck

Sniickers

Reaction score
Hi I'm a member of Prolific Academic ...I have nothing but the best to say . That site is what 's up lol . I broke my survey site cherry with Prolific I signed up late late February..... Prolific Academic was mentioned on r/beermoney on reddit . Actually just found reddit this year , after watching an episode of girls lol . I feel as though I have been living under a rock ! Any-who I recommend Prolific to any and everyone . Other survey site should model their-selves in the same fashion as their "younger hotter grand-daddy" Prolific Academic . That site is all about being professional , also it's actually fun and pay-out is a breeze . I rate Prolific Academic {G} for GUCCI

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows by now about the extra fee to withdraw. However, it seems PayPal withdrawals are instant now. Sure beats the previous 1 week wait.

Reactions: Binxybaby

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Prolific is great! I've been on there for several months. You really need some sort of page monitor though. Right now I'm using the Distill monitor in Firefox. The number of surveys is much lower than on mturk, so you'll never catch much if you don't monitor, but Prolific has a minimum pay rate that they seem to enforce. They now seem to be pushing circle.com as opposed to paypal, so you should get a circle.com account if you want cashout with no fees. I've done cashout with both paypal and circle, though, and it is still not clear to me where the exchange rate is coming from. I always have my prolific monitor going if I'm on mturk, and if I am not doing some time sensitive psych experiment, I always do any Prolific study that pops up. The studies tend to be objectively much better in average quality than those on mturk. (For those that actually care about science...) I have seen some clunkers though on Prolific, and definitely some good stuff on mturk. Also, Prolific actually responds to "worker" emails. (I have an email in right now, as it happens...)

If you wish to sign up with my referral link, go for it: https://www.prolific.ac/rp?ref=9LLBRI64

KYLaura

Reaction score
Question about payouts. I have only done a few surveys on prolific. I have decided to cash out, so that I can see how the process will work. So I am cashing out L12. Any idea what that will looking like, ish, in my paypal account? And how many "actual" days it generally takes? (See, doing the experiment and too curious to just wait and see for myself!)

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Question about payouts. I have only done a few surveys on prolific. I have decided to cash out, so that I can see how the process will work. So I am cashing out L12. Any idea what that will looking like, ish, in my paypal account? And how many "actual" days it generally takes? (See, doing the experiment and too curious to just wait and see for myself!)
In my experience, Prolific is much slower than mturk in cashing out. They tend to take 4-5 actual days from the request. This might depend on country. (I am US, they are UK.) The slowness of Prolific has been consistent with both Paypal and Circle. I'd say this is my prime complaint with Prolific. (But in many respects they are great...)

Reactions: KYLaura

Achilles2357

Reaction score
If you are on Prolific or considering, and on Chrome or considering it, definitely check out the Prolific Assistant extension from Kadauchi. (How do I link his username?) I was previously using the Distill Monitor in Firefox, but this tool is better, on the whole, as it is designed explicitly for Prolific. It is slightly less obtrusive, especially if you are on mturk. It has a pop-up like Panda Crazy when you catch something, but you still need to go to Prolific to get it. That is the main drawback, and I have had some frustration, but I think it is still the best thing for Prolific. Thanks to Kadauchi.

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
If you are on Prolific or considering, and on Chrome or considering it, definitely check out the Prolific Assistant extension from Kadauchi. (How do I link his username?) I was previously using the Distill Monitor in Firefox, but this tool is better, on the whole, as it is designed explicitly for Prolific. It is slightly less obtrusive, especially if you are on mturk. It has a pop-up like Panda Crazy when you catch something, but you still need to go to Prolific to get it. That is the main drawback, and I have had some frustration, but I think it is still the best thing for Prolific. Thanks to Kadauchi.
Where would you find this extension?

Reactions: Trucker

Achilles2357

Reaction score
If you are interested in trying out Prolific, they currently have a study up that seem to have some difficulty in drawing respondents, probably because it involves doing a brief recording. My microphone is seemingly screwed up, and I haven't done it. But they seem to need around 3000+ people and are pushing it. The pay is $0.78 (according to http://www.mturkcrowd.com/members/kadauchi.44/, actually his Prolific Assistant via exchange rates) for probably 5 minutes. The main problem with Prolific is the difficulty of grabbing something if you don't monitor, so this could be a good way to try it out. 95% of the time a Prolific study is better than anything on mturk.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
So I used to be able to access Prolific work but have not been able to do so in several months (I have just queried my ISP about that). I don't kow if I'm ever going to be able to access it again. But I know I have some $$$ in my account there. It's not a lot, but how can I get it out (if, indeed, I can).

Thanks!

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone uses prolific referral links anywhere, you might want to update it.
they changed the link

Reactions: Achilles2357

SCOTTM

Reaction score
Made $100 the last month with Prolific. Supplements MTURK good.

Reactions: Binxybaby

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows by now about the extra fee to withdraw. However, it seems PayPal withdrawals are instant now. Sure beats the previous 1 week wait.
I wish Mturk would do this. It would be nice to have my transferred money in my bank the same day.

Reactions: theturkscribe