Survivor Season 5 Challenge Thread

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am super nervous! After working on it all week, it's finally finished! I hope you all enjoy it! :love:
Hey! Where did this go? I wanted to link the videos to the main thread after Survivor ends at the end of the week.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: LucyO and scrmcasey

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hey! Where did this go? I wanted to link the videos to the main thread after Survivor ends at the end of the week.
My husband wanted me to take it down after the challenge because it showed my face, but I'll turn it back on tomorrow for the next week or so :)

• Sad
Reactions: JenniLeigh

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My husband wanted me to take it down after the challenge because it showed my face, but I'll turn it back on tomorrow for the next week or so :)
Fair enough. Tell him your face was unrecognizable except to see that you were hot. :wink:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Just a reminder that final submissions are due tonight at 9 PM EST. So excited!!

After the submissions come in, Vanyanka @Vanyanka or myself will send a link to vote in a poll to the jury that will be active until tomorrow evening.

Good luck!!!​

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see the submissions tonight! It's bittersweet because Survivor Season 5 will be over tonight and I will miss you all. Everyone better still talk to me or I'll slice you.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see the submissions tonight! It's bittersweet because Survivor Season 5 will be over tonight and I will miss you all. Everyone better still talk to me or I'll slice you.
I'm totes ghosting you after this. :ghost:

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
WEEK 12 – THE FINALE

YOU WANT ANSWERS?

I HAVE ANSWERS!

1. aveline @aveline and the rest of the MTC admin crew decide to throw in the towel, and they leave the future of MTC in your hands. What are three things that you would do to improve MTC and why? (courtesy of Tandem In Time @Sciency McScienceface )

BLASPHEMY!!! First of all, there could never be MTC without aveline @aveline and the rest of the MTC admin crew. However, if for some unthinkable reason the future of MTC was in my hands, three things I would do to improve MTC would be:
  • ?More Unicorns!!! I would definitely add more Unicorn smileys because they would help me to express different emotions that just can't be covered without the help of Unicorns.​
  • I would add a “Good News” page that could only be used to post uplifting and happy things. That way, whenever I felt down, I could go to that page and see pictures of fluffy kitties, rainbows, more of the aforementioned unicorns, and general happiness.​
  • I would also hold sole discretion on who to block, unblock, ban, unban and so on. I would create a mini-dictatorship that would include all members having to tell me how wonderful I am every day and sending me lots of gifts. Anyone who refused to abide by the new rules would suffer severe consequences. – Let us pray it never comes to this.​

2. We all like money, we all need money, we're on an mTurk site after all. That said, what is the absolute bare minimum amount of money it would take for someone to feed you an entire Big Mac like a Mother bird. Meaning, that person would chew up said Big Mac and drop it in your cute little baby bird looking mouth. Now that you have confessed your price, why? (courtesy of E @El Pablo )

$250 million. While, embarrassingly :shamefullyembarrased:, I kinda like Big Macs, I would definitely have to have a lot of money for someone to feed it to me like a baby bird. Also, it would really depend on who was feeding it to me. I mean, is it someone I know? A complete stranger? Do they have any weird diseases? Could I wear a blind fold? These are important things to know. I think with $250 million, I could get enough vaccinations and mouthwash to be able to handle it and it would be enough money so that I could buy things that would help me forget how I got that money.

3. If game masters scrmcasey @scrmcasey & Vanyanka @Vanyanka were planets, what planet would each be and why? (courtesy of mboone73 @mboone73 )

Vanyanka @Vanyanka would be Jupiter. Jupiter, in mythology, is the ruler of the gods and their guardian and protector. Being the largest planet in our solar system, it protects the interior planets against comets and asteroids because they are drawn to it instead. The Vedic meaning of Jupiter is “Jovial King”. Jupiter was considered the Mentor, guru, or teacher of the gods, always helping the gods in war against demons and was also associated with luck and expansion. Vanyanka embodies all of these things. She seems to be an optimist, but not someone that wears rose colored glasses. As a game master she is jovial and acts as our guardian and protector, guru - if you will. Vanyanka is also beautiful and she pulls us into her orbit, just like Jupiter.

scrmcasey @scrmcasey would be the Moon (yes, I know, not technically a planet, but I believe that it describes ScrmCasey better than any of the other planets and in ancient times, it was considered a planet). In Vedic, the Moon is the Goddess of Hunting and is associated with emotions, the mother, and motherly instincts. The moon is associated with a person’s emotional make-up, unconscious habits, rhythms, moods, and their ability to react and adapt to those around them. In Chinese astrology, the Moon represents Yin, the passive and receptive feminine life principle. In Indian astrology, the Moon is called Chandra or Soma and represents the mind, queenship and mother. The moon also influences sensibility and intuition. Scrmcasey, like the moon, has been a mother figure for us as a game master. She is caring and perceptive. She shows compassion toward people and understands the emotions of others and has the ability to make us all feel comfortable. She also has the ability to sway our emotions like the moon controls the tides. Like Chandra, she is a shining light that watches over us.

4. What MTurk task would you do exclusively if it would always get you to goal ( or some $x a day) but you had to work on it exclusively from the start of your day to the finish for the rest of your MTurk career? (courtesy of Despairagus @Despairagus )

Easy. The Kitchen Hits from PerchMturk. I love those things. They are mindless, easy, and I get to see inside other people’s homes, which is a plus for me. If they posted all day, every day, I would be the happiest person alive. Getting to snoop through other peoples’ homes and seeing how they designed their kitchens and what type of appliances they bought would be a dream come true.

5. Which HITs and/or requesters are so horrible, you'd rather take pictures of eggs than complete the HIT? (courtesy of ristiekay @ristiekay )

Hands-down, it would have to be the hits from CopyText Inc. where you type the text from images. When I first started I didn’t know a good hit from a bad hit and I did some of those. They are just awful. You think that you just have to do one, but no, no, you have to do several and they only pay a penny. Then, you think, “oh, well they said I’d get a bonus.” Yeah, you get like another penny as a bonus for 20 minutes of work. I would set fire to them all if I could.
:onfire:

6. Which forum member would you take with you on a survival adventure and why? (courtesy of MeTurks @MeTurks )

While there are many good candidates from the forum and everyone has different and unique qualities, it would have to be JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh . She seems like she’d be pretty tough and would know how to do stuff. I also think she’s cool and witty and we’d be able to get along great in a survival situation without killing each other. Also, according to her Instagram page (don’t worry Jennileigh, I haven’t been stalking your Instagram ?….or have I? :gucci: ), she knows how to grow stuff and what plants are and probably what is safe to eat, and I gotta eat stuff on a survival adventure because I know I’ll get hungry, and you know - want to survive and such.

7. What forum member would you keep as a pet and why? (courtesy of TinaBanina @TinaBanina )

I would probably want to keep ristiekay @ristiekay as a pet because she’s an otter, and how freakin’ cool would it be to tell people that you had an otter as a pet. Plus, she seems like a super sweet person and someone that would be really cool to hang out with. I don’t know if I’d be able to find a pool big enough to build a habitat, but I think that I could manage. Also, I’d have to find out what otters eat….does anyone know if they eat poptarts with or without the frosting? :sneaky:

8. Of your fellow Castaways this season, and our Gamemasters...Who sits at what lunch table in the cafeteria? (courtesy of JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh )

9. MTC is having a yearbook of forum members for the first time! Who wins which category and why? Most likely to be on Catfish (as the catfish or the catfished); most likely to be president; most likely to star in their own reality TV show; and most likely to break a world record. (courtesy of themildone @themildone )

First of all, I want to say that I had no idea what Catfish was. I was like, “Is that a movie with Don Knotts….no, no, that was called ‘The Incredible Mr. Limpet’. But, maybe he was a catfish in that movie…” However, with a quick Google search, I discovered Catfish on MTV…I am obsessed now (I blame you, themildone @themildone ). I watched all of the episodes they have on demand, I laughed, I cried, it was an emotional rollercoaster. And now that that’s cleared up here are the “Most Likely” category winners for the MTC yearbook.
  • Most Likely to be on Catfish- While I believe that all the members of MTC are too intelligent and honorable to be on the show, if I had to pick it’d have to be themildone @themildone (because you introduced me to it) :wink:
  • Most Likely to be President aveline @aveline (she seems the most adult around here)​
  • Most Likely to star in their own reality TV show Liz @Liz (it would be about baby obsession)​
  • Most Likely to break a world record DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 (most scattergories items ever listed in a single game)​

10. Best post coital snack foods. What are they and what makes them superior? Restricted to foods that can be comfortably consumed in bed. Refrigerator grazing is a separate category. (courtesy of Nikoratos @Nikoratos )

Peanut Butter M&Ms
. They melt in your mouth and not in your hand. They can be stored on the nightstand. They are crunchy but not too crunchy. They have peanut butter in them so they are obviously nutritious, and they don’t leave crumbs or anything.

:cupcake:

11. Which fellow castaway did you learn the most from this season and what did you learn? (courtesy of basketcasey @easterbasketcasey )

It’s hard to choose just one person that I learned the most from because I learned a lot from everyone, but DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 , being a fierce competitor, taught me lots of things during multiple challenges, especially during Scattergories. I did not know there were so many cartoon characters whose names started with “R”, nor did I know there were so many species of birds. She also taught me that I had to be “quicker than that” at musical chairs.

12. If you were in the Guinness Book of World Records, what would it be for? (courtesy of basketcasey @easterbasketcasey )

I love my animals and I love annoying my family with little songs that I make new. A lot of random singing goes on at my house and when I’m driving in the car. Most of it centers around my beloved dog. So, I’d have to say that I would be in the Guinness Book of World Records for Most songs sang about a pet.
There are such classics as:
  • Oh where, oh where, has my little dog gone, oh where, oh where can she be​
  • Someone’s in the kitchen with doggy​
  • Somewhere over the doggy​
  • Once, Twice, Three times a doggy​
  • She’ll be barkin’ ‘round the mountain when she comes​
  • She had the applebottom jeans, butt with the fur, the whole room was lookin’ at her, she hit the floor, little doggy got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low​
  • Because she’s barky, clap along if you feel like a dog without a bone​
  • She ain’t no Hollaback dog​
  • Seven Nation Doggy​
And the ever popular:
  • Who let the dogs out (Remix Edition)​
And we can’t forget Holiday classics like:
  • Silent Night, Fluffy Butt​
  • Doggy got run over by a reindeer​
  • Suzy, the doggy, had a very shiny nose​
  • Barkin’ around the Christmas tree​
  • Away in a dog bed​
And many, many more….

:singing:

13. When you die, what will be written on your tombstone? (courtesy of basketcasey @easterbasketcasey )

First of all, I’m never going to die. I plan on living forever, but if I had a tombstone made it’d say, “I’ll be back!”

14. If you were forced to watch one movie on an endless loop for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? (courtesy of basketcasey @easterbasketcasey )

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
. If I could choose a whole series of movies I would chose them, but since I can only pick one, it would have to be the third Harry Potter movie. The reason I like that one the most is because it is right before everything goes all to crap for Harry Potter. The kids are still small enough that the movie is a little dark, but still ends somewhat happy. Another reason I love that movie is the attention to detail. You get to see more of the castle, and more of Hagrid’s hut, as well as the grounds. Also, the music. John Williams is a genius. The music for the Harry Potter films is spectacular. It is instantly recognizable and always gives me a warm feeling. It is as if he somehow found a way to take the feeling of Christmas and baked goods and turn it into music. He really knows how to capture the spirit of a movie in his compositions. And finally, the actors. Where else are you going to get so many of the great British film actors in one place?

15. If you had to kill one of the two Survivor hosts, who would it be and why? (courtesy of basketcasey @easterbasketcasey )

:kill:

scrmcasey @scrmcasey , because we already killed Vanyanka @Vanyanka earlier in the season and I’d like to kill the set. Also, she seemed to get a little too much pleasure out of making us SIT during Musical chairs….
:whip:

I hope that has answered all your questions. If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to leave them in the suggestion box.:)

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
1. Aveline and the rest of the MTC admin crew decide to throw in the towel, and they leave the future of MTC in your hands. What are three things that you would do to improve MTC and why? (courtesy of Sciency McScienceface)

2. We all like money, we all need money, we're on an mTurk site after all. That said, what is the absolute bare minimum amount of money it would take for someone to feed you an entire Big Mac like a Mother bird. Meaning, that person would chew up said Bic Mac and drop it in your cute little baby bird looking mouth. Now that you have confessed your price, why? (courtesy of El Pablo)

3. If game masters scrmcasey & Vanyanka were planets, what planet would each be and why? (courtesy of Mboone73)

4. What MTurk task would you do exclusively if it would always get you to goal ( or some $x a day) but you had to work on it exclusively from the start of your day to the finish for the rest of your MTurk career? (courtesy of Despairagus)

5. Which HITs and/or requesters are so horrible, you'd rather take pictures of eggs than complete the HIT? (courtesy of ristiekay)

6. Which forum member would you take with you on a survival adventure and why? (courtesy of MeTurks)

7. What forum member would you keep as a pet and why? (courtesy of TinaBanina)

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
8. Of your fellow Castaways this season, and our Gamemasters...Who sits at what lunch table in the cafeteria? (courtesy of JenniLeigh)

9. MTC is having a yearbook of forum members for the first time! Who wins which category and why? Most likely to be on Catfish (as the catfish or the catfished); most likely to be president; most likely to star in their own reality TV show; and most likely to break a world record. (courtesy of themildone)

10. Best post coital snack foods. What are they and what makes them superior? Restricted to foods that can be comfortably consumed in bed. Refrigerator grazing is a separate category. (courtesy of Nikoratos)

11. Which fellow castaway did you learn the most from this season and what did you learn? (courtesy of easterbasketcasey)

12. If you were in the Guinness Book of World Records, what would it be for? (courtesy of easterbasketcasey)

13. When you die, what will be written on your tombstone? (courtesy of easterbasketcasey)

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
14. If you were forced to watch one movie on an endless loop for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? (courtesy of easterbasketcasey)

15. If you had to kill one of the two Survivor hosts, who would it be and why? (courtesy of easterbasketcasey)

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
While there are many good candidates from the forum and everyone has different and unique qualities, it would have to be @
JenniLeigh
@JenniLeigh . She seems like she’d be pretty tough and would know how to do stuff. I also think she’s cool and witty and we’d be able to get along great in a survival situation without killing each other. Also, according to her Instagram page (don’t worry Jennileigh, I haven’t been stalking your Instagram ?….or have I? :gucci: :gucci:" data-shortname=":gucci:"> ), she knows how to grow stuff and what plants are and probably what is safe to eat, and I gotta eat stuff on a survival adventure because I know I’ll get hungry, and you know - want to survive and such.
THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE SWEETEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID ABOUT ME. I legit teared up, and yes, I study edible wild plants/survival info all the time :ROFL: The prepper in me is so fucking honored.

(Also... ? are you Mabel Pines?)

Our lunch table is the best table... but I didn't say that.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE SWEETEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID ABOUT ME. I legit teared up, and yes, I study edible wild plants/survival info all the time :ROFL: The prepper in me is so fucking honored.

(Also... ? are you Mabel Pines?)

Our lunch table is the best table... but I didn't say that.
Maybe.....

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
LucyO @LucyO your formatting and GIFs were spot on!!
It's been a pleasure competing with you (and the rest of the castaways) this season!
❤
I love everything about yours!!! And you're right about the cafeteria.....it wouldn't matter where everyone was sitting after the food fight began! :ROFL:
It has been so wonderful getting to play this season and working with you!!!!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
TIL:

We have a ? emoji.
We need a random Happy Thoughts thread filled with only happy gifs, pictures, and thoughts.
I shall think of the moon as my own personal planet from now on - I don't care who tries to talk me down.
I'm questioning which Mean Girl I am.
LucyO would have crushed a song lyrics creation challenge.
Someone knows how to win me over with their tombstone inscription and Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes.

There needs to be a new banner related to letting a bird feed forum members Big Macs.
Whenever that insurance commercial featuring "Mayhem" appears, I'll for reason think of Mercury.
I know who stole all my Jason Anastopoulos HITS.
DareAngel would immediately get the reference of "Sparkle Motion" written with no additional context.

Both of the remaining Castaways want me dead.

I simply adore both of your submissions. Well done ladies! I'm glad I'm not voting because I'd be here forever trying to decide. I'm excited for tomorrow to see who wins!!!
:hearts: