Testable minds

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like I'm several months late to the party, but here's my link.

https://minds.testable.org/ref/9ae3a931cbcd

Edit: They want a picture of my driver's license to verify my account. And phone number too? Is this even worth it; has anyone been making decent money off the website? Sounds a bit extreme to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juliet

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Looks like I'm several months late to the party, but here's my link.

https://minds.testable.org/ref/9ae3a931cbcd

Edit: They want a picture of my driver's license to verify my account. And phone number too? Is this even worth it; has anyone been making decent money off the website? Sounds a bit extreme to me.
They also want to take your picture with a webcam every time you do a survey. Firstly, 1) F*** that. 2) I don't have a webcam for my computer.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I apparently do not have a testable mind as after more than a month since I signed up I have gotten no studies!

Last edited:
Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I apparently do not have a testable mind as after more than a month since I signed up I have gotten no studies!
Oh okay I see you were here. Yeah, I think it mostly got discussed in daily work threads then but this is the common experience. I think a lot of people gave up like I did because we'll never be able to cash out but we did enough that it would be nice to get paid for what we did do...
I'm not going to give them my ID to lower the threshold when I still won't be able to cash out...

These are my stats I know a few people on here did a little bit better but I have yet to hear about anyone being able to cash out.
I just haven't heard it - but...yeah I think Prolific is the way to go for sure!

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah... I have $10.60 from 7 studies sitting in mine... but I don't really trust them I think.

I wish those of us that were guinea pigs could be allowed to just cash out and bail :/

Reactions: DareAngel3

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
... I have yet to hear about anyone being able to cash out.
I just posted in the daily, but I was able to cash out. I was one of the original recruits that got $5 for signing up, and cashed out when the threshold was... $20? There was an undisclosed 9% fee that they blamed on Paypal and said was unavoidable. There were several unhappy people in the FB group. Paypal charges a fee when you withdraw from Prolific, but it's closer to 2.5%, I believe. At any rate, I gave up and never went through the information verification process (it was instated shortly after my cashout.)

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I just posted in the daily, but I was able to cash out. I was one of the original recruits that got $5 for signing up, and cashed out when the threshold was... $20? There was an undisclosed 9% fee that they blamed on Paypal and said was unavoidable. There were several unhappy people in the FB group. Paypal charges a fee when you withdraw from Prolific, but it's closer to 2.5%, I believe. At any rate, I gave up and never went through the information verification process (it was instated shortly after my cashout.)
Ooohhhhhh my my my. Well, I'm glad you got something for your efforts. I remember how excited we all were :(

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I sent them an email about verification/cashing out. I CAN'T verify b/c I don't have a webcam, and frankly, that's bullshit... especially if they want to take a picture with the surveys. So I literally can't any longer work for them, AND they can hold my money hostage? Bullshit bullshit bullshit. They need to give me a solution.