02/25 - Terpsichorean Thursday!

Any idea what Terpsichorean means without using Google?

• Yes

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Shut up!

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Let's Dance

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • This isn't where I parked my car.

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • Isn't that a disease that comes from dirty toilet seats?

Votes: 21 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
charlotte either has it or is working on it. cost of living here is... ehh could be worse
Cost of living in boonies is sooo cheap...yet no good internet. Take the bad with the low price to live here.

Reactions: Aydiarose

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Living in the boonies here too. *sympathy hug* Our only main option was satellite internet, but thankfully the area is blanketed by 4G and I was able to get wireless from a reseller. It's expensive as hell (and most of my turk money goes toward paying the monthly bill), especially considering during primetime hours the speed tends to tank, but it's unlimited and worlds better than attempting to do anything on satellite internet.
Cell service is hit and miss. Certain spots in the house I can get a tiny single.

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything else good drop since Serg at 5?

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
OMG, what is must be like. I can't even imagine. I have two years before I can move. I pray I end up with it. Literally, no idea where to move to but portland/vancouver, WA is getting insanely expensive.
It is absolutely amazing not going to lie. They are great about giving freebies anytime there is any sort of outage like a free month of Showtime for an outage I didn't even notice. Love that they gave local schools, libraries etc. in the neighborhoods free internet too. Definitely has caused a digital divide though and rent prices have gone up. Even my landlord wasn't going to add it at first but then saw the demand and knew we would all move out!

Reactions: Liz

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
I would give anything to have comcast...I have dish, no other choice.
We can't even get that because we live in a damn forest. "20 mbps" (hahaha right) DSL which costs us $95 a month.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Night crew starting right then.

I've also got a jug of mango juice, because I'm a delicate little flower and can't drink vodka neat.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Cost of living in boonies is sooo cheap...yet no good internet. Take the bad with the low price to live here.
I live off of $500 or so a month and can manage 30 mbps. Not good but I like being able to be frugal.
edit: in Tennessee.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
We can't even get that because we live in a damn forest. "20 mbps" (hahaha right) DSL which costs us $95 a month.
Its soooo slow. Even when the new month comes around. Maybe one day I will get something decent out here. Forest all around me but the house is in an open area.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I live off of $500 or so a month and can manage 30 mbps. Not good but I like being able to be frugal.
edit: in Tennessee.
5 kids at home burn through my 15 gbs in less then a week. I grew up in Tennessee.

gonz

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ Befriender of Ducks
Contributor
Reaction score
Damnnnnnnn Sergey, back at it again with the dank batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.