03/28 - Throwback Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

cassius

Reaction score
bella ciao

Ahh ... finally. down to the last step i hope. he is going to a rehab center in Parma this morning. two weeks of intense rehab. he can walk with walker now. but still has trouble getting up. also got a diagnosis: AMAN is the name, a form of guillain barre. before they began the proper Rx for this they asked him when he had his last vac. not since the gulf war he answered. he got so ill after those that he never took another one. were they thinking it was vacs? no, i don't think so though yes, if one is allergic to such, i understand they can cause problems. the reason from what research i gathered is because vacs interfer with the intervenous immunoglobulin that is one of the treatments for this. so, they breathed a sigh of relief and began his treatment. one thing for him, if he doesn't want to be vac'd, now he'll have a doc's excuse not to be because now they could stir this up again. and believe me, i don't ever want to see this again. it's been a ride. we still don't know how he got this. it's very rare in this country. but it is seen in china, japan and mexico. i'm thinking did i not wash fruits and veggies well enough? he grew up with the philosophy waste not, want not, but i throw out food according to instructions if leftovers don't get eaten. how did he get the viral meningitis that started this? whatever it is, it's one h**l of a "food" poisoning. wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. we did have one complaint with local hospital. maybe i did mention it. we opened a complaint about why didn't they keep him after the first ER visit? it would have saved him an injured foot from one of the falls when his son was trying to help him. and it would have given the hospital a faster start to get on this. instead they sent up home and said it was probably sciatica and to see his own doc on monday. well that doc was on vaca with no replacement. so, back to er where he was admitted. we're not suing of course. that's bad karma. just don't want to see this happen to someone else. and the docs at seidman said, "we could have had two more days" when they heard about the incident. i was thinking early on that it wasn't just sciatica. a 72 year old man presenting with sciatica for the first time? no, that doesn't happen. but he's on his way to a good recovery. and we'll do our best to prevent a reoccurrance.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Consumer research(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Research_Cosima [A1431RVA5F2HF1] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a short survey about people's attitude towards online review. This survey will take approximately 3-5 minutes.
Qualifications: Exc: [14196714-443161] DoesNotExist ; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 70; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
Title: Study about Opinions (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CSA_Evanston [A1KC5KFTR68Q8Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.15] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=27] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Available: 43
Description: Survey of public and consumer opinions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 60; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US; Exc: [332857016-443230] DoesNotExist

Reactions: msitb

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Happy MLB Opening Day to fans of 24 teams! (two games already rained out today and Dodgers and Padres opened in South Korea over a week ago)

NATIONAL TRIGLYCERIDES DAY
NATIONAL BLACK FOREST CAKE DAY

NATIONAL SOMETHING ON A STICK DAY
NATIONAL WEED APPRECIATION DAY

jan

Reaction score
Title: Brand Attitude Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rong Huang [A3EJV93XYEE3SA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.65] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Available: 89
Description: This study will take about 10 minutes to finish. In this survey, you will be asked to read some product information and indicate your attitude.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [13517689-443160] DoesNotExist ; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
KYKITTY @KYKITTY still collecting things for daughter's easter basket. Now includes socks, a Giants football cup - just a glass I saw at the thrift store. Our family has ties to the first Giants team (grandpa played for them). The last thing I'm going to get is some shamrock fabric (she has always loved clovers - in fact, I have a small board that she decorated with them in our sunroom).

On the way there, I'm going to pick up the chocolate. (This insures that I won't eat it as it sits around in the house, lol)

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
ls anyone else having trouble with Prolific loading?

Reactions: Blakkat

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
bella ciao

Ahh ... finally. down to the last step i hope. he is going to a rehab center in Parma this morning. two weeks of intense rehab. he can walk with walker now. but still has trouble getting up. also got a diagnosis: AMAN is the name, a form of guillain barre. before they began the proper Rx for this they asked him when he had his last vac. not since the gulf war he answered. he got so ill after those that he never took another one. were they thinking it was vacs? no, i don't think so though yes, if one is allergic to such, i understand they can cause problems. the reason from what research i gathered is because vacs interfer with the intervenous immunoglobulin that is one of the treatments for this. so, they breathed a sigh of relief and began his treatment. one thing for him, if he doesn't want to be vac'd, now he'll have a doc's excuse not to be because now they could stir this up again. and believe me, i don't ever want to see this again. it's been a ride. we still don't know how he got this. it's very rare in this country. but it is seen in china, japan and mexico. i'm thinking did i not wash fruits and veggies well enough? he grew up with the philosophy waste not, want not, but i throw out food according to instructions if leftovers don't get eaten. how did he get the viral meningitis that started this? whatever it is, it's one h**l of a "food" poisoning. wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. we did have one complaint with local hospital. maybe i did mention it. we opened a complaint about why didn't they keep him after the first ER visit? it would have saved him an injured foot from one of the falls when his son was trying to help him. and it would have given the hospital a faster start to get on this. instead they sent up home and said it was probably sciatica and to see his own doc on monday. well that doc was on vaca with no replacement. so, back to er where he was admitted. we're not suing of course. that's bad karma. just don't want to see this happen to someone else. and the docs at seidman said, "we could have had two more days" when they heard about the incident. i was thinking early on that it wasn't just sciatica. a 72 year old man presenting with sciatica for the first time? no, that doesn't happen. but he's on his way to a good recovery. and we'll do our best to prevent a reoccurrance.
FWIW I got sciatica for the first time when I was 74.

I am glad there is a way forward for him.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Brand Attitude Survey(~ 10 minutes)Accept
Requester: Rong Huang [A3EJV93XYEE3SA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.17][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.94][Fast=4.74][Comm=4.29][Fair=4.57][Reviews=75][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 61
Description: This study will take about 10 minutes to finish. In this survey, you will be asked to read some product information and indicate your attitude.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [13517689-443160] DoesNotExist ; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: jan

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Rating cars (approx. 15-20 mins)(~ 15 minutes)Accept
Requester: Stefan Uddenberg [A25ZIMFM995XCX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.87][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=5.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=5][ToS=0]
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 02:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a quick and easy study in which you will see cars one at a time and judge it using a slider response (approx. 15-20 mins). There may be several assignments identical to this one to speed up data collection. Note that you will only be allowed to take one! This will involve open-ended questions at the end of the survey.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [7757] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Exc: [332537904-443224] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.