Title: Survey for men about product usage habits | PANDA
Requester: Nick [A2DRT8PM72GXHH] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 4.33 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.56 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.46 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.77 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 45
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Male opinions on product usage. This survey is specifically designed for men
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Location is US

mordea

Master of a Couple Things
Contributor
Reaction score
I sold out and did Burkes :\

Today's Projected Earnings: $68.09 + Bonuses: $4.02 = $72.11

Reactions: TheDuck

Kico

Teh Best Scrub
Contributor
Reaction score
1) Look at the time estimate and cost. You should aim for at least .10/minute. Usually the time estimates are a little off. You can also check TO. Sometimes they will have more accurate times.
2) If you would do it, post it. If it is horrible pay and you wouldn't do it, don't.
3) Do a couple and see how quickly you can get them done. Then calculate your hourly. You need to decide what a good hourly is for you. I try to aim for $7/hour which is a little low.
So if the survey is .10c a min it worth doing alight, I see some surveys that are worth it but show 1 hit remaining, it that even worth posting? Also for batches if i find a decent one i should look at TO to make sure that they are ok to do, should it matter how many hits are availible for that batch?

Hank-Scorpio

My butt's for sitting, not for kissing.
Reaction score
Question for those who do globalworkforge (fashion post hits).

Instructions say:

• Ensure your links come from a variety of sources, with a high amount of viewership

• Do not use a link from the same domain/website more than once
Can you only use one link from each domain? As in if I linked to an article on vogue.com on one, can I submit another about a different topic and a different link but still from vogue.com? According to the rules it seems like I cannot, but I doubt there are hundreds and hundreds of different high viewership sources/domains about fashion.

Reactions: PhantomCatt

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im trying to learn more about mturk little by little and wanted to know if you could answer some questions.
1) When looking at different survery hits, what determines if they are worth doing?
2) When is it good to post those hits on here?
3) When looking for batches how do you know when they are worth it?
4) If i find any good hit should i put those on my turkmaster?
Thanks Alot!
1) Always keep an eye on TO ratings. Not everyone follows them exactly, but they're helpful. And definitely ask yourself if the time is worth the pay.
2) When you feel it's worth it. This is a tricky area in my opinion, because people have different goals for different reasons, at different points. There are HITS that I would be willing to do before I hit 10,000 that I wouldn't be as willing to do now.
3) See if other people are talking about them. Or, if you're not sure, shoot people a message on the forums. People tend to talk about the best batches.
4) If you really like the job and/or requester, go for it.

Reactions: jan

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Instructions say:

• Ensure your links come from a variety of sources, with a high amount of viewership

Can you only use one link from each domain? As in if I linked to an article on vogue.com on one, can I submit another about a different topic and a different link but still from vogue.com? According to the rules it seems like I cannot, but I doubt there are hundreds and hundreds of different high viewership sources/domains about fashion.
You can do a few from the same website just not the same article or exact link.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im trying to learn more about mturk little by little and wanted to know if you could answer some questions.
1) When looking at different survery hits, what determines if they are worth doing?
Thanks Alot!

1) It's kind of subjective. A lot of people use the Turkoption rating for Pay when deciding if they want to grab it. If it doesn't have TO ratings, it's a crap shoot. A requester may say that they anticipate a HIT taking 5 minutes, and it actually takes 5 minutes. Or they may think it takes 5, and it takes 20. Or vice-versa.

2) Again, with surveys... as long as the HIT doesn't have bad TO, it's fine to post it. If there are a bunch of ratings saying that the requester is a scammer or that the pay rate is awful, don't post it. If there's no TO, you can post it and people can look at it if they want to, and report back with a time.

3)The only way to know if a batch is worth doing is to open it up, and sometimes, test it out.

4) Turkmaster is a good way to monitor HITs, so yes, you can throw the PANDA for well paying surveys or good batches on there. For really good batches, monitoring the PANDA is the only way you'll get any of the HITs.

Reactions: jan and aveline

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I see some surveys that are worth it but show 1 hit remaining, it that even worth posting?
A lot of times, surveys will show 1 HIT remaining but it means 1 per person (up to the limit that the requester has set, maybe 500 people or something). It's still worth sharing because you don't know what that limit the requester has set is.

Reactions: jan

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Alot!

1. If you're just starting out, TO is probably going to be your best indicator. After awhile of doing them you notice certain things about how the requester phrases things in the description and you start to develop a 6th sense for it. Don't be afraid to accept it, open it up and nope out of it if it seems like it's more than it's worth.
2. Always. You can always go back and edit it with a comment about if it was worth it or not. No one is going to criticize you for posting hits. Even if they are not great ones.
3. Trial and error. Honestly, just keep trying different types of batches. See which ones you are good at. Start to learn ahk and think of ways to possibly make them faster.
4. As you learn when hits post you will kind of learn when to turn hits on or off in Turkmaster. Your best bet is to find requester you like and use Turkmaster in conjunction with Hit Monitor.

Reactions: PhantomCatt and jan

jan

Reaction score
So if the survey is .10c a min it worth doing alight, I see some surveys that are worth it but show 1 hit remaining, it that even worth posting? Also for batches if i find a decent one i should look at TO to make sure that they are ok to do, should it matter how many hits are availible for that batch?
I often post things after they are gone, so people can get the PANDA - often people return HITS, so if it's good, it's worth posting - so that people can try for a return.

Infinity

Masochist or Mturker? You decide.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Alot!
A lot of these just come down to finding out your personal preference. For survey HITS the pay should be equal to the time spent, i.e. I'm not doing a 30 min survey for .30. You can usually tell by the TO (if you aren't using TurkOpticon, use it!!) or recognition of requester name or the survey content in the beginning. Some days I throw back anything that requires writing and isn't about .40, some days I don't mind it. You'll start to know the signs of a long, bubble-hell survey.

The same applies to posting HITS here. If they have a good TO or the reputable requester or you complete it yourself really quickly, you should post it. Again, you'll start to recognize what's worth posting.

For batches you want to look at the pay per hour. .05 HITS that are taking you a minute to complete per hit are not worth it. I sound like a broken record, but again look for TO and recognizable requesters. You'll start to know, for example, the names of the Google requesters.

What you add to your turkmaster is totally up to you and no one can really give a good answer here because it depends on the HITs you like or really want to catch.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score

Instructions say:

There ARE hundreds and hundreds of high volume fashion sites. I swear that 20 percent of the internet is fashion sites or something, it's crazy how many there are.

But honestly I'm not sure if they mean not to link to the same ARTICLE, or to the same SITE. I know over the course of working on these that I've probably used Vogue or Cosmo more than once without issue, but I'm not sure if he quite literally only ever wants one article per site. I think he has a thread in the requester area that might clarify that point...if it hasn't been asked already, it's worth asking it there and getting an answer directly from the requester.

EDIT- coffeeowl @coffeeowl knows stuff.

Last edited:

Kico

Teh Best Scrub
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys ill try and start posting some thing if i find any!
As for scripts I have
Turkmaster
TO
Hit Scraper
Hit database

Are there any more that i should install?
Thanks a bunch!

Wilma

I have no idea what I'm doing
Contributor
Reaction score

anyone have a time on this bullshit?!?!?!?

Reactions: Pleco

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
This was nice of them :)

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from NerdLab Lab Group for work related to 3G3AJKPCXLSHT60XC89BZ2LFY8LY4F.
The value of your bonus is: $0.01 USD

The Requester included this note:
We are sorry, but you did not win the lottery drawing from your HIT. We are sending you a bonus of $0.01 to send this message. Thank you for participating

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Status
Not open for further replies.