05/19 - Thready Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylycat

Reaction score
found it in mohican park a few weeks ago. came home and looked up what kind it is. apparently the fellow is quite popular down there as it likes to show off a lot.
i'm trying to get to 100 in just my yard.. i get 1-3 a day now which is less exciting then when i started but most of them are rare now which is cool

Dan 45

Reaction score
i'm trying to get to 100 in just my yard.. i get 1-3 a day now which is less exciting then when i started but most of them are rare now which is cool
Sounds like a fun hobby. My mom saw a painted bunting in Georgia while camping which I'm pretty sure is a rare find.

Skylycat

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun hobby. My mom saw a painted bunting in Georgia while camping which I'm pretty sure is a rare find.
that one must not be in my area cause i searched it n no results, i only downloaded the birds in my area databases.. i do however have an indigo bunting n its very pretty colored bird.. n if you would've told me i'd be all into birds i woulda laughed n laughed.. but here i am buying feeders n searching for a cool bath for them to attract them close by

Dan 45

Reaction score
that one must not be in my area cause i searched it n no results, i only downloaded the birds in my area databases.. i do however have an indigo bunting n its very pretty colored bird.. n if you would've told me i'd be all into birds i woulda laughed n laughed.. but here i am buying feeders n searching for a cool bath for them to attract them close by
My dad has an office at his house with a big window right in front of his desk. He has all kinds of "squirrel proof" feeders right outside that window. It is quite entertaining watching the different kinds of birds come and how they interact with one another. My grandfather was a forestry professor at UF for decades and he peaked my interest in birds when I was a child.

Reactions: HelloHello

Skylycat

Reaction score
My dad has an office at his house with a big window right in front of his desk. He has all kinds of "squirrel proof" feeders right outside that window. It is quite entertaining watching the different kinds of birds come and how they interact with one another. My grandfather was a forestry professor at UF for decades and he peaked my interest in birds when I was a child.
i used to be annoyed by them.. now i'm all like... fascinated by learning their sounds... i can identify a bunch of a robin and cardinal calls cause i get them on every recording.. but i''m also starting to recognize some of the distinct ones.. like a gray catbird is super easy to hear n say oh that's a gray catbird... n mourning doves are super distinctive.. n of course hawks n crows are easy to hear

blackpupjean

Reaction score
So apparently Home Depot doesn't even do interviews anymore. If you can breath you can work there. As long as you pass a background check. They must really be desperate for help. I just drove 21 miles to go on a computer there to fill out consent for a background check. When I got home that same exact thing was in my email. I could have done this at home instead wasting over an hour of my day. Geez

Dan 45

Reaction score
One of the coolest bird sounds I know is the whippoorwill. Almost every night growing up out in the country we could hear them. I remember many times going out with flashlights to try and find one and we never could. Even when we were right at the tree they were calling from.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
One of the coolest bird sounds I know is the whippoorwill. Almost every night growing up out in the country we could hear them. I remember many times going out with flashlights to try and find one and we never could. Even when we were right at the tree they were calling from.
I lived right near a peafowl farm a few years ago. The sounds those things made were something else. Took me ages to figure out what I was hearing. The sound is nothing like what you'd expect from such a beautiful bird

Skylycat

Reaction score
omg i just got that yesterday!!!! its a rare too

Dan 45

Reaction score
I lived right near a peafowl farm a few years ago. The sounds those things made were something else. Took me ages to figure out what I was hearing. The sound is nothing like what you'd expect from such a beautiful bird
I agree. Peaceful sound.

cassius

Reaction score
i used to be annoyed by them.. now i'm all like... fascinated by learning their sounds... i can identify a bunch of a robin and cardinal calls cause i get them on every recording.. but i''m also starting to recognize some of the distinct ones.. like a gray catbird is super easy to hear n say oh that's a gray catbird... n mourning doves are super distinctive.. n of course hawks n crows are easy to hear
we have a bird and her nest just outside the door under the stairs. not sure what bird she is as i just see her sitting in her nest. long time residents say she/or offspring come back every year and lay eggs and hatch here.

PandaThief

Reaction score
well, they whoever they are, say it isn't here yet. but by god, it's coming, along with food shortage ... gasoline shortage ... brain shortage ... etc.
its here , problem is people don't know they're in a recession until 7 months in. Gas, Food, layofffs, sky high rents, real estate. This one's gonna be big and nasty

Reactions: cassius

cassius

Reaction score
its here , problem is people don't know they're in a recession until 7 months in. Gas, Food, layofffs, sky high rents, real estate. This one's gonna be big and nasty
people are stupid. haven't you noticed? four horsemen, and then some, of the apocalypse are here and we don't even know it. eighth sphere here we come!

Reactions: PandaThief
Status
Not open for further replies.