05/24 - The Great Owl Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
Until you start looking at times when people get it when suspended. Also, people with multiple blocks on their accounts have gotten it, which should also affect if you are one of the "best" workers, etc.

Even though we don't know completely how it's done, there's been many pieces of proof that show that it's most likely just random.
The only thing not random from the last two times they handed it out was several people got it who hadn't been turking for a couple of months or more.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Words Survey (15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Meg Boyer [A28F03L4G2M7EM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this 15 minute survey we are interested in your thoughts and feeling about specific words in the english language.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: PosPsych 5.24.16 Past Workers has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Reactions: Tribune

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
OT: Does anyone use an e-cigarette and if so can you recommend a setup that a 50+ year smoker would like?

Azazael

Reaction score
I've only been on here a week and that also makes me want to punch someone... :swing:
aww, you havent been here long enough so you just wanna punch *ANYONE*
once you get annoyed and jaded enough, you will wanna punch babies...then you have arrived

My 2c on the masters qual. There was a batch of Amazon Req hits up, I somehow had the qual for them after not having it ever before. I did a TON of them, I remember someone else saying the same thing on MTF at the time. I got masters right after that, not a long delay. And I do remember people trying to attribute it to that also, I can't confirm nor deny....but in my case it surely feels that way.

Spindle

Contributor
Reaction score
Blocks aren't a fair measure of someone being a good or bad turker though given that they are recommended by amazon for preventing retakes. People getting it while suspended makes sense if they are checking the work of a "golden" batch the person did /before/ they were suspended.

I'm not saying it's not random, but like aveline @aveline said, we don't have all the information so just because it looks random doesn't mean it is.
Even though I do agree personally with the fact that blocks shouldn't be a fair measure, it is a fair measure for them to suspend people.

Just one example is mordea that got masters with the last round, and then was suspended just a few months later for blocks that he got prior to becoming a master.

So if they can judge the quality of someones work by blocks enough to close out their account, then it should tie into if you should be a master or not.

Or, of course, mturk is just incompetent when it comes to these things and that just makes a person lean towards "random" more than not.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
What is with these sergey's? I can get one to submit each time I try but the next one won't then I'm basically stuck waiting for it to expire so I can do another...

Req.body

Crow
Contributor
Reaction score
OT: Does anyone use an e-cigarette and if so can you recommend a setup that a 50+ year smoker would like?
I got my e leaf 100w and the crown king for 60$ and chucks like a chimney

- and imo get a starter kit like an e-go,but if you can the box mod! it's worth the investment.

Last edited:

Spindle

Contributor
Reaction score
No, it's not. It's something they do, but I wouldn't call it fair by any means.
I should reword that and say that Amazon feels that it's fair, so you could argue that they also should think it's fair to judge if a person should get masters because of it.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd probably go with a a pen type setup. thats what I started with and you can get a set up that comes with a couple tanks and sometimes an extra battery for under $100 usually.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I should reword that and say that Amazon feels that it's fair, so you could argue that they also should think it's fair to judge if a person should get masters because of it.

I was in the process of editing, what I meant to say was that I don't' think they always check the blocks. But, just as with masters, neither of us actually have any information on this and are making stuff up as we go along.

Azazael

Reaction score
What is with these sergey's? I can get one to submit each time I try but the next one won't then I'm basically stuck waiting for it to expire so I can do another...
someone a few pages back said they were broken, I dunno, i havent tried to do any since they looked like crap

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't know how much emphasis we should place on what Amazon thinks it's fair. It would be like asking Jon Brelig what he thinks is decent pay.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know why people think amazon is even trying to run this show competently. Just look at the hits they put out. They throw out 100s of thousands of hits and randomly check for accuracy haphazardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.