05/27 - Speedy Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
as a single father, who's ex is engaged, this really confuses me.
is it in 'name only'?
My ex and I divorced when our son was 6 months old. He has seen him 3 times since then and our son (Mason) is almost 6 years old now. He doesn't call or send birthday/Christmas presents either. My husband has been helping me raise Mason since he was about 2 years old. Recently my ex started complaining about child support considering him and his new wife just gave birth to a new baby (this makes 7 kiddos total for him total from 3 different women). Anyways... My husband wants to adopt Mason and Mason already goes by his name and refuses his birth father's name. This step parent adoption will change his last name from his birth name to my husbands name. This includes on his birthday certificate too. My ex will no longer have to pay child support, will not have any say in his care, or any visitation rights etc as by him signing his rights over to my husband he will then legally become a stranger to our son and have absolutely no rights or responsibilities to anything regarding his life. My husband will take over the rights and responsibilities regarding Mason's care going forward. Hope this helped answer your question.

Last edited:

hyzmarca

Contributor
Reaction score
These Raucous Data hits seem like they're trying to detect disability fraud, given what they ask for. But, they're really bad at finding relevant web pages. They often get things from a decade ago. And one of the pages they had was for an elementary school honor roll. Apparantly, a first grader had the same name as the person they're concerned with.

Reactions: aturkerhiding

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
These Raucous Data hits seem like they're trying to detect disability fraud, given what they ask for. But, they're really bad at finding relevant web pages. They often get things from a decade ago. And one of the pages they had was for an elementary school honor roll. Apparantly, a first grader had the same name as the person they're concerned with.
Maybe they're claiming disability to try to get out of school. :thinking:

hyzmarca

Contributor
Reaction score
They're just crawling for names, I think. Which is why they keep sending me to calendars to look for women named April.

Reactions: aveline
D

Deleted member 481

Just curious, I've seen some surveys available to me with 18-25 age requirements. Didn't MTurk setup an age filter?

aturkerhiding

Reaction score
Good morning!

Does anyone use a laptop desk/table that has a squishy pillow-type bottom? I found this one at IKEA but when I checked it out in person, the quality wasn't good. There are a few on Amazon but the reviews and prices are all over the place. Suggestions?
https://www.amazon.com/LapGear-MyDe...=UTF8&qid=1495931024&sr=8-2&keywords=desk+lap

https://www.amazon.com/SONGMICS-Adj...=UTF8&qid=1495931066&sr=8-6&keywords=desk+lap

https://www.amazon.com/LapGear-Lap-...UTF8&qid=1495931066&sr=8-11&keywords=desk+lap

I had a wood one that I bought off Amazon that I liked. There are a lot to pick from so finding the exact model would be impossible, but the wooden ones have quite a few adjustments so it doesn't touch you and you can still get comfortable.

If you want the squishy bottom, I would just worry about it keeping my legs hot, but the first one listed is squishy.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, but requesters have to pay extra if they want to use MTurk's age qual system.
On top of the basic Mturk fees.....And then many also give a buttload of money to turk prime.....and then we end up with $2/hr surveys.

Yay.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Just curious, I've seen some surveys available to me with 18-25 age requirements. Didn't MTurk setup an age filter?
Could you do me a huge favor, please? Having referral links in your signature is totally cool, but I ask that they please not be big banner ad-type things. They can be a little distracting and a bit of an eyesore if a lot of people start using them.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
On top of the basic Mturk fees.....And then many also give a buttload of money to turk prime.....and then we end up with $2/hr surveys.

Yay.
what does turk prime do for requesters? is it needed?

Reactions: C to the J

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Easy takes about 6:35 minutes, watch out for short timer!

Title: Market research study | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Laurence Vincent [A1JNYIKEBA6MNE] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.80] [Fast: 4.22] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.10] [Reviews: 59] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $10.50/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Give us your opinion about brands and your values
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Deleted member 481

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Very short and sweet $2

Title: Knee Sleeve Questionnaire | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Kevin [A2NWARU6BM79AT] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Give us your opinion about our products
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None;

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You might try this as a site search, and an image search. It's not perfect, but it might give you some leads.: "li logo" + "rectangle -super -bowl
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I saw the Super Bowl logos, but he specified he only wanted logos the were lower case "li"'s in a rectangle. I found one in a rectangle and 3 without. Anyway, it's kind of moot now I guess because I mistakenly hit enter as a return when I was typing, and the hit submitted before I could get my links in. I emailed him and sent him what I had and telling him what happened, but he rejected before he saw the email I think...and I emailed him some more links explaining, but I think he either is not checking or doesn't care.

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.