07/07 - Tightlipped Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know the feeling. The only ones that ever seem to reject my HITs anymore are the unrated ones. Hope they approve your HITs!
I did more because I couldn't resist the money lol I'm praying they approve

Reactions: turker4hire

infomista

Reaction score
My day started out alright, but I've only made a few bucks this afternoon. ? It seems any good HIT that I catch, I've either done already or the requester is limiting how many HITs that I can do for them. As for the HITS that I have been able to work on, most of them pay 10-50 cents and seem to take twice as long as estimated. Ugh. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Keep truckin'. It's a marathon sometimes!

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Experiences and attitudes surrounding savings goals and methods (~10 mins) | Accept
Requester: Positly [A20SRJ4UG9W0H0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.52] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.77] [Fast=3.71] [Comm=2.80] [Fair=3.66] [Reviews=50] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 33:00
Available: 0
Description: This is a research study conducted by researchers at Duke University that is examining what factors influence participants’ ability to save money. If you choose to participate, you will be asked to answer questions about different options for saving money, and about your saving behaviors and individual characteristics.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Quick n easy

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Once again, I caught a hit that makes me feel young again, but pisses me off, lol
Title: Individual Variations in Producing Difficult Words | Accept
Requester: Jessica N Baynard [A15E1ZYXY8YYEG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.47] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 7.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: You will complete a task where you try to come up with specific difficult words that fit definitions and you will then complete several surveys and other measures. Must be a fluent speaker of American English and 70-80 years old.

Reactions: alk69

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
And I'm back to try to make a bit more before I take my dog for a walk.

Reactions: jan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Teach a Robot with Language 2D | Accept
Requester: Percy Liang [A29YQT3EEC0ZEC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.35] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.05] [Fast=4.36] [Comm=4.19] [Fair=4.78] [Reviews=112] [ToS=1]
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 1 day
Description: Teach a Robot how to perform household tasks like cleaning, heating objects in the microwave, and moving objects around the house.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Had to return as my usual commute to work is from bed to the sofa, only stopping for coffee.

Title: Answer a 5 minute survey about your usual commute to work | Accept
Requester: VX MTURK Research [A27J72S3KZE76V] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$24.12] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: This is a roughly 5 minute survey about to help us better understand your commute to work and how preparing for your commute can be made easier (if at all)

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is probably an ugly link, but these aren't too bad. I've talked to the requester and they are very nice. They are having to put in their own money for this research to get it up to 25 cents. Their advisor originally gave them enough for 15 cents per hit, and they added their own to make it 22. I've messaged them and they were able to up it to 25. I do wish it was more, but I will work on them because they were nice.

https://worker.mturk.com/?filters%5Bsearch_term%5D=neha&page_size=20&page_number=1&sort=num_hits_desc&filters%5Bmin_reward%5D=0.01

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
no camera needed for 95% of UT PC tests
I've been pulling a few hundred monthly, last few months, Usertesting.

I get more money from the $60 / $30 webcam Usertesting interviews, and used to only do the $10 screen and voice cap ones. It took a few months, to start getting offered tests that I qualified for. It seems to be that way, you have to put in a few months before more work starts being available.

I set up a webcam [by MacGyvering an old cell phone into a webcam, since money is tight, and it works fine], -
and am now willing to take the webcam surveys. Since making that choice and setting it up - my Usertesting income doubled+ . Also, I get more 5 star ratings, on my webcam Usertesting surveys, than the $10 ones. Most don't leave a rating.

One big helper - bought a HUGE, USB mic headphone set [I've posted the link for it, in the past on forum. Great hardware], that covers a lot of my head visually. I bandanna my hair back, put on thick reading glass frames, and with the headset - I feel covered, more comfortable.

It's taken a few years to figure out a rhythm that works with Usertesting. Very grateful for the income.

Last edited:

nfmeme

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

One of your Qualification requests has been rejected by the Requester who maintains the Qualification. Please see details about the Qualification request below.

Qualification Rejected: Parking Sign Transcription
Requester: Flow MTurk
Request Date: July 7, 2020
Rejection Date: July 7, 2020
Rejection Reason: Requester did not give a reason

Do they only accept US turkers? I've tried a bunch of times already, and don't think I did anything wrong. Alas, I keep getting rejected.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: dreamonjaded1

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
This is probably an ugly link, but these aren't too bad. I've talked to the requester and they are very nice. They are having to put in their own money for this research to get it up to 25 cents. Their advisor originally gave them enough for 15 cents per hit, and they added their own to make it 22. I've messaged them and they were able to up it to 25. I do wish it was more, but I will work on them because they were nice.

https://worker.mturk.com/?filters[s...1&sort=num_hits_desc&filters[min_reward]=0.01
As a teacher I really enjoyed the one I just did. It took me a bit and I hope I wasn't overthinking. I would love to do more but want to make sure I'm not rejected first. Thanks!

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
As a teacher I really enjoyed the one I just did. It took me a bit and I hope I wasn't overthinking. I would love to do more but want to make sure I'm not rejected first. Thanks!
I'm in school to become a teacher and I enjoyed it too! I've done a lot so far and none have been rejected! But I understand waiting to make sure. I don't do scared money.

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Returned - writing - garbage hit
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Shailendra P Jain [A1U6EYH53DQAGR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.55] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.33] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about our products

Last edited:
Reactions: Concise
Status
Not open for further replies.