07/21 - The Tempest Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kliq

Reaction score
What does PredictWallStreet actually do with this useless buttom clicking? I don't see any sort of meaningful analytics coming from these tasks.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
I caught this one...never done a tedlab before. How much of my soul should I expect to give up this morning?
a bit, but it's 3 bucks so at least theres that.
September..............
Even in September when all the new psych students come in they're going to use the same theses and create very similar surveys.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: chat with a famous celebrity | PANDA
Requester: Seth [AVS5XNNUL0RZQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.53 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 20 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: have a meaningful chat of at least 25 turns(turn=back and forth) with my bot that simulates Miss Piggy
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: NonDisclosure is greater than 0;Location is US
I just remembered. I had a dream last night that Seth wanted me to have a conversation with Gul Dukat and I was getting all flirty with the chatbot.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
What does PredictWallStreet actually do with this useless buttom clicking? I don't see any sort of meaningful analytics coming from these tasks.
I think you can read about the experiment on their site. They're basically trying to see if 'normal' people can predict stocks better than 'experts'. They want you to actually think about your choices, they don't want random clicking, that's why they introduced the timer.

Reactions: BrewMeister

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
every survey today "
You are not qualified to accept this HIT. You either do not have the required Qualification or, if you possess the Qualification, your value does not match the value required for you to accept the HIT."

Just Matthew

And the bottom drops out.
Contributor
Reaction score
Straight from their website

"
The results may seem like magic, but there is sophisticated math behind them. First, we harness the collective intelligence of online investors. Unlike other companies, we don't stop there. The data we collect is just the raw material for our complex analyses. Our founder, Dr. Craig Kaplan, the former CEO of IQ company and professor of computer science, created algorithms that are able to mine our huge collection of data to determine which of our collective predictions are most likely to be accurate and should be given the most weight.

These two layers — collecting massive quantities of useful data and ranking and analyzing them in subtle ways — combine to produce a model with the power to make market-beating predictions. We then add a third layer of information by identifying which individuals in our user base have been the most accurate in their stock predictions. With PredictWallStreet, you don't have to choose between the collective wisdom of the crowds or the expertise of the exceptional investors. We present you with actionable information from both, filtered through our algorithms that collect the data that has the strongest predictive power."

tl:dr They spin your bullshit into gold and sell it.

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you can read about the experiment on their site. They're basically trying to see if 'normal' people can predict stocks better than 'experts'. They want you to actually think about your choices, they don't want random clicking, that's why they introduced the timer.

Reactions: Pleco and <Gucci>

Im a Zebra

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tedlab we can do each with a diffrent codename right ?

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: consumer_survey (about 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: CPRes [A3RHSTO53TVXWA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.20 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.78 Generosity
★★★★ 4.83 Fairness
★★★★ 4.70 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 37 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion about products
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
The typos in this study were horrendous. I almost thought they were doing it on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.