08/18 - Short Sunday!

Do you consider video games a sport?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sks

Reaction score
It was knocked out during a soccer game while I was in high school. 3 front-lower incisors dislodged and touching the roof of my mouth and the 1 tooth knocked completely out.

I was in braces at the time, so I was sent immediately to an orthodontist to have my braces rewired and 3 dislodged teeth shoved back into place, while my knocked-out tooth was delivered to my dentist who did the root canal on that tooth at his office about 10 minutes away.

Once the dentist was done, he brought my tooth to the orthodontist, who didn't have anesthesia at his office, to reinsert the tooth. Felt like they were trying to shove a piece of broken glass into my gums... Then they had to rewire that tooth and crank on it some more to shove it all the way back in the socket.

I score the whole experience an F-
omg

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
It was knocked out during a soccer game while I was in high school. 3 front-lower incisors dislodged and touching the roof of my mouth and the 1 tooth knocked completely out.

I was in braces at the time, so I was sent immediately to an orthodontist to have my braces rewired and 3 dislodged teeth shoved back into place, while my knocked-out tooth was delivered to my dentist who did the root canal on that tooth at his office about 10 minutes away.

Once the dentist was done, he brought my tooth to the orthodontist, who didn't have anesthesia at his office, to reinsert the tooth. Felt like they were trying to shove a piece of broken glass into my gums... Then they had to rewire that tooth and crank on it some more to shove it all the way back in the socket.

I give the whole experience a solid F-
:grimace:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

I give the whole experience a solid F-
Probably still preferable to them drilling into nerve endings that are still attached to your mouth. But hey, it's not a contest.

Reactions: jklmnop

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Yikes, all these bad dentist experiences! I have many myself which are horrible, but I will just share one, with one particular dentist, I reluctantly went for a check-up after a procedure. On the drive, I hoped I would never see him again. When I got to the office, I learned that he had just been killed in a freak accident on his way to work. I felt so bad for my thoughts.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Probably still preferable to them drilling into nerve endings that are still attached to your mouth. But hey, it's not a contest.
I've also had cavity drilled, dentist hit the nerve (obviously wasn't trying to), and a few hours later the anesthesia wore off... So painful I started seeing double and almost threw up a few times until I got to the endodontist and he could deal with it... 4 hours later. That was rough too.

So I give drilling into a nerve without anesthesia an F- as well.

Last edited:

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
All these bad experiences with dentists, ect. made me think of what a terrific orthodontist I had. He was such a nice guy. He made up nicknames for patients and joked around a lot. If you followed his instructions about taking care of your teeth and wearing retainers, he would say things like, "You're the best patient ever."

When I got my braces off, he said, "I want to tell you that you have really pretty teeth." Apparently, the shape and size of my teeth were pretty close to the ideal according to cosmetic dentistry standards. I think he said they had voted on which celebrity had the best teeth. Some model won (I believe it was Niki Taylor), and he said my teeth were very like her teeth.

Needless to say, I loved him. :)

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I've had a root canal on a tooth that wasn't even in my mouth. Try to wrap your head around that...
they had to root canal the shark tooth left embedded in your leg? do do do do do.

:wink:

EDIT: I finally got caught up in the thread and saw the story! Ouch!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tandem In Time

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
When I got my braces off, he said, "I want to tell you that you have really pretty teeth." Apparently, the shape and size of my teeth were pretty close to the ideal according to cosmetic dentistry standards.
not surprised there. After all, you are the TotalBabe! :LOL:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I've also had cavity drilled, dentist hit the nerve (obviously wasn't trying to), and a few hours later the anesthesia wore off... So painful I started seeing double and almost threw up a few times until I got to the endodontist and he could deal with it... 4 hours later. That was rough too.

So I give drilling into a nerve without anesthesia an F- as well.
Yea, that's probably better than having the blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue pulled out through the tooth without anesthesia.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.