10/15 - Taco Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beak

Reaction score
Better than average day for me... think I may call it quits. I guess I can leave panda's running. Seems like if I ever want to stop the little bastards catch stuff. Especially if I'm ready to go to bed.

Reactions: Blakkat

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The psychology behind human risk aversion is actually pretty interesting and worth learning about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_aversion_(psychology)

People instinctively do a lot of less than logical things when it comes to risk (which is what all these studies are testing.)
Take the Sure Money, unless the odds are more than Excellent. Think of all the Odds-Making Bonus HIT's as one big HIT to be played together over time. Make small incremental gains HIT by HIT. The Long Game is where you make the Money.

Reactions: HelloHello

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Take the Sure Money, unless the odds are more than Excellent. Think of all the Odds-Making Bonus HIT's as one big HIT to be played together over time. Make small incremental gains HIT by HIT. The Long Game is where you make the Money.
Ideally (if you think the game is fair -- which is important) you would just pick the choice that gave you the highest reward on average every time -- which would allow you to profit the most in the long run.

Have to use a calculator in some of these HITs to figure that out though. So there's a time lost due to using a calculator factor to think about as well, lol.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ideally (if you think the game is fair -- which is important) you would just pick the choice that gave you the highest reward on average every time -- which would allow you to profit the most in the long run.

Have to use a calculator in some of these HITs to figure that out though. So there's a time lost due to using a calculator factor to think about as well, lol.
:yesyes:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Question: Why don't they just cut the mics to the candidates that overrun their time during the debate?

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I must be the only person with the qual! It's odd because this is the first time I've been able to do HUGCs.(?)
You must have done one of their quals at some point or did some hotel photos or moderation hits

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Breasts Attractiveness(≈ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.43] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=2] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.15] [Fast=4.71] [Comm=4.15] [Fair=4.79] [Reviews=540] [ToS=3]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [174429-173840] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Location In US

HIT Time: 23 minutes

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Question: Why don't they just cut the mics to the candidates that overrun their time during the debate?
exactly what I thought. I was telling my dad about how one of the debate candidates is an attention hog and just can't be quiet when their time is up and CNN should cut the mic and switch the camera off that candidate just to get the candidate to stop at the end of their alloted time.

if that candidate ever became president, i'm sure the inauguration day festivities would end at sunrise Jan 21st because that president's inauguration speech would last for hours.

HelloHello

Reaction score
exactly what I thought. I was telling my dad about how one of the debate candidates is an attention hog and just can't be quiet when their time is up and CNN should cut the mic and switch the camera off that candidate just to get the candidate to stop at the end of their alloted time.

if that candidate ever became president, i'm sure the inauguration day festivities would end at sunrise Jan 21st because that president's inauguration speech would last for hours.
To me it's more that it's rude/uncivil and stealing somebody else's screen time.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
You’re asking why politicians won’t agree to something logical?

Status
Not open for further replies.