Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
re: barcodes and adblocking:

Some not insignificant portion of UPCs have results in Google shopping that don't show up in a Google search if you have an adblock running. E.g.,

vs.

This happens especially with items like clothes, which have size and color options so the websites don't directly display the UPC in plain text, but it's there in the source code and these shopping results are usually reliable.

So if you're working on these HITs, consider whitelisting Google on your adblock while you do them.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I turned it off when it was 4-0 in the top of the 7th.
Really surprised when I checked the news this morning.
Hinch fucked up when he pulled McCullers in the 7th. It was all hell after that point. Like a slow death

Reactions: C to the J

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

Some not insignificant portion of UPCs have results in Google shopping that don't show up in a Google search if you have an adblock running. E.g.,

vs.

This happens especially with items like clothes, which have size and color options so the websites don't directly display the UPC in plain text, but it's there in the source code and these shopping results are usually reliable.

So if you're working on these HITs, consider whitelisting Google on your adblock while you do them.
thanks for this info, my friend

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

vs.

Oh boy...Thank you very much for the info.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 20 minute chat study for $2.00 | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.84] [Fast: 4.57] [Comm: 4.01] [Fair: 4.63] [Reviews: 426] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.80/hr] [Pen: 1.90 days] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 81% of 21] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 3]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 3
Description: 20 minute chat study for $2.00. Will be paired with other MTurkers for chat
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
tell me how you've been enjoying the south park game if you get a chance to play it.
Got as far as choosing my second class last night but am planning on going full ham tonight

The fight against the two priests trying to have sex with you has been my favorite so far.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

vs.

Is this something new? I feel like I've really only been seeing these for the last couple days, but they're becoming very annoying. They keep throwing me off because I'll get into a groove with a bunch of not founds in a row, then one of these pops up and I'll immediately close the tab, thinking it's also a not found. Then that thing on the side finally registers and I have to go back and look. >.<

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is this something new? I feel like I've really only been seeing these for the last couple days, but they're becoming very annoying. They keep throwing me off because I'll get into a groove with a bunch of not founds in a row, then one of these pops up and I'll immediately close the tab, thinking it's also a not found. Then that thing on the side finally registers and I have to go back and look. >.<
It's been like this for at least the whole of the recent daily postings, as far as I know. I only saw it because I started using Opera for them, which doesn't block the ads. Back during the twice a week days, I used Chrome with ublock and never saw them.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's been like this for at least the whole of the recent daily postings, as far as I know. I only saw it because I started using Opera for them, which doesn't block the ads. Back during the twice a week days, I used Chrome with ublock and never saw them.

Reactions: Pleco

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Weird. I've always done them in Canary with no extensions or anything, so I've never had an adblocker. I feel like I've only been seeing them for the last couple days.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Yale Institute for Network Science for work related to ---.
The value of your bonus is: $5.15 USD

The Requester included this note:
Final game score.

That was quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.