10/19 - Stone Love Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I think I can see why there are only 3 pages so far today. I got on about 20 mins ago and haven't caught squat.

kayfabe

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong on the Noah hits? When ever I have to do one completely right or completely wrong I can only get 99.99% I have tried to do a couple of them, but always have to end up skipping. I try rewriting it again and again. I just can't figure out how to get 100%
Do you mean the HITs where you're trying to trick the system? If so, I've found the system is most mistake prone when there are many different nouns involved in the context. In those cases you can sometimes trick it into thinking numbers, times and places are doing impossible things.

Take that advice with a grain of salt though, since I'm brand spanking new to this and I'm currently just sitting here hoping my approval percentage doesn't get rejected into oblivion on my first day. :dead:

Reactions: Blakkat

kalhana

Reaction score
Do you mean the HITs where you're trying to trick the system? If so, I've found the system is most mistake prone when there are many different nouns involved in the context. In those cases you can sometimes trick it into thinking numbers, times and places are doing impossible things.

Take that advice with a grain of salt though, since I'm brand spanking new to this and I'm currently just sitting here hoping my approval percentage doesn't get rejected into oblivion on my first day. :dead:
I have been around a long time, but i just do it for pocket change. right now I just do it mainly for dance classes for my daughter. lol I thought I would try something new. Thanks for the help.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

if u want my advice... if u are new to mturk and are worried about approval percentage, just focus on surveys... its almost impossible to get rejected from a survey as long as you are honest and paste the correct survey code into mturk.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
if u want my advice... if u are new to mturk and are worried about approval percentage, just focus on surveys... its almost impossible to get rejected from a survey as long as you are honest and paste the correct survey code into mturk.
and stay away from "Andy" surveys. :p

HelloHello

Reaction score
Been dead here for quite a while - I have been amusing myself playing Solitaire but I'm bored with that now so I will go read.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Been dead here for quite a while - I have been amusing myself playing Solitaire but I'm bored with that now so I will go read.
Right now, at this moment, you are mirroring my night.

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
i've completed my local newspaper's 6-star (hardest) sudoku while waiting for something to hit.

guess I'll go watch and hope H-town can close the deal and kill the yankees.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
i've completed my local newspaper's 6-star (hardest) sudoku while waiting for something to hit.

guess I'll go watch and hope H-town can close the deal and kill the yankees.
I used to be a rabid sudoku fan. Until I quit subscribing to my local paper. Now, once in awhile, I pick up a paperback and do them, but it's not the same. I rip through them too quickly and don't get the same enjoyment!

Reactions: rsmath

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I used to be a rabid sudoku fan. Until I quit subscribing to my local paper. Now, once in awhile, I pick up a
my paper's 6-star takes me about 20-30 mins to do, so reasonably hard for me (I've only been at it about 2 months).

I like -- and recommend to you if you still want to do sudoku's -- the youtube channel "Cracking the Cryptic" because 9 out of 10 times they feature sudoku's that are harder than my local paper's 6-star ones and I get stuck on them about 2 out of 10 times so they are nicely hard for me and usually take upwards of an hour to solve because of their higher difficulty level and if I'm stuck, I can watch the video to see how they solved it and maybe pick up some tricks seeing that.

enjoy the rest of your night.

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 5 minutes
Title: Answer a survey about technology | Accept
Requester: Brian [ASM3O15S6TI1C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.36] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=2.72] [Comm=2.25] [Fair=3.02] [Reviews=197] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about technology and software
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Veltora Otew

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
HIT Time: 5 minutes
Title: Answer a survey about technology | Accept
Requester: Brian [ASM3O15S6TI1C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.36] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=2.72] [Comm=2.25] [Fair=3.02] [Reviews=197] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about technology and software
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
awesome, they fixed the site finally :)

Reactions: JanetW

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score

• Love
Reactions: kayfabe

alk69

Reaction score
For all y'all arty types. A real breeze, all ratings, one brief bit of words. No sweat. I found it enjoyable, but I would since this is my profession (yes I have one of those).
Title: Viewing Images(~ 23 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Arts & Development Lab at Brooklyn College [AWPY6EUA94A8X] (Req TV): $18.58/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Answer some questions about your opinions
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-45914502-176933] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT Time: 15 min, or less if your hands aren't sore like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.