10/23 - Fearsome Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
got 10 pounds of those mixed candy bags off Amazon for Halloween
there's some heavy hitter trick or treaters that come around every year, so I am ready :)
also, some of them are tricky and change costumes and come back, but I don't mind, it's Halloween let them be kids, also some adults as well lmao
someone on our towns facebook page said they were going to get a pvc pipe and stand at the top of the stairs and slide the candy down to the kids
(social distancing!)

jan

Reaction score
we're back to waiting for 3 more participants

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
got 10 pounds of those mixed candy bags off Amazon for Halloween
there's some heavy hitter trick or treaters that come around every year, so I am ready :)
also, some of them are tricky and change costumes and come back, but I don't mind, it's Halloween let them be kids, also some adults as well lmao
I got a Zombie Zittles for the adults! Haven't tried them but I heard from a reliable source that the dead zombie flavor is a real thing.

Reactions: rsmath and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
someone on our towns facebook page said they were going to get a pvc pipe and stand at the top of the stairs and slide the candy down to the kids
(social distancing!)
that is one awesome idea
I will do my regular dress as Jason cause it's a real ez costume for me
jeans, torn work shirt, work boots, and a Jason mask, so, I will have my mask on underneath, my mask lol
oh and being 6'5" helps :)

Tjololo

Reaction score
BOO! I scared you, didn't I? Trick or treat HIT time! As usual, if you don't have the qualification, the password is in one of the spoilers below. Please read through them, there's plenty of HITs you don't have to rush. Last time we went through 121 HITs in about 48 hours, I changed it a bit so that the HIT doesn't hang around as long, and that means y'all get a bit higher pay!

Title: Did I scare you? | Accept
Requester: Tjololo [A189FMMFDLIGXG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$161.98] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.16
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: You already know what this is, happy halloween everyone!
Qualifications: Double Dip DoesNotExist ; Brony EqualTo 100; Cheater DoesNotExist

For those who don't know what Trick or Treat hits are, here's a little explanation in this spoiler:

Hit structure

How do you participate? Well I'm glad that you asked! I have a QUALIFICATION you'll need to request in order to participate. I'm going to include this qualification information in every single posting I make about these HITs, PLEASE READ IT! If you're already familiar with how things go it should be easy, but I swear every year I get people who mess it up. Please take the time to read it, you have time. Also, please don't forward the qualification information around. I want this qual to be restricted to the communities who've been so helpful to me in the past. I don't really want random people to have the qual. It helps keep the pool smaller and gives more people the opportunity to play!

With that being said, here's the qualification information:

As usual, this is a thing I do for fun, and may break. If you run into issues please let me know, but hopefully it'll be pretty easy. I've don this several times in the past and I don't expect any problems, but just in case, be patient. Also, the 50/50 chance is actually random. This is the code I use to determine whether people are tricked or treated: $approve = (rand(1,10) >= 6) ? true : false; That means "generate a number between 1 and 10, and if the number is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, then approval is 'true'. If the number is 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10, the approval is 'false'". So there are 5 chances to "treat" and 5 chances to "trick". I could probably just do a simple binary true/false instead of a number between 1 and 10, but I like that method better.

Finally, as usual, I'm hoping to do a bigger HIT on Halloween day as well. I usually pay a little better for that one, and put more HITs out there. If you want to donate to increase the pot, you can contribute to the pool here https://paypal.me/pools/c/8tkqnwbZjq PLEASE NOTE! Donating WILL NOT increase your chances of winning. There will still be a larger Halloween HIT, but in the past people have expressed interest in making it "bigger", so I started taking donations for that. All money donated will be going into Mechanical Turk and will be distributed as part of the Halloween HITs, I can provide proof if you really don't trust me.

Happy Halloween Everypony, and good luck!

P.S. This announcement will be posted several times over the next week. I'll try to capture everyone, but the qual information will also be posted with the HIT announcements too.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: JanetW

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A simple donation study with a demographic post-test survey. | Accept
Requester: Promann [A17OPGTQPBPMDY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.94] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-2 weeks] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: First indicate, then actually donate none, some or all of your pay (anywhere between $0 and $0.50).
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

jan

Reaction score
I waited for 40+ minutes. Got through 10+ rounds of the hit and then it got stuck. Hit expired. And I emailed 2x's.

I really hope he/she compensates me for my time :(

Tjololo

Reaction score
Whelp, got a second one for the cheater list!
I get trying it once, but trying it over and over and over again? Nope.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Opinions Survey (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CSA_Evanston [A1KC5KFTR68Q8Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.21] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.55
Duration: 30:00
Available: 56
Description: Brief survey of your opinions
Qualifications: Exc: [250696376-253266] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

rawrkevtar

hawaii gamer
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from McDermott Experiments for work related to 3UEBBGULPFW95MQ26X21N14CVUKFUB.
The value of your bonus is: $7.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
completed HIT

another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.