Get a Free Random Share of a Stock When Signing up with Robinhood

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that was a waste of time. Good luck to the rest of you.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, this makes me paranoid. Hey, I'll sign up under you, just make sure that setting is setup right. Post me your link.
Nah. It only works if the person you sign up under had an account that qualified. The person I signed up under didn't so signing up under me won't get you anything.

D

Deleted member 481

So, anyone that has their settings right & gives me a free stock, post your referral link & I'll signup. I don't wanna risk going random.

Twirdman

Reaction score
Thanks, I signed up & my application is under review. Got the app setup. Still under review, but I see the free stock, can't see what it is yet. I think I have to deposit funds?
I've heard others didn't have to deposit funds for it but I'm not sure. When I signed up I deposited money since I was going to also buy some stocks.

D

Deleted member 481

I've heard others didn't have to deposit funds for it but I'm not sure. When I signed up I deposited money since I was going to also buy some stocks.
OK, so any $1 stocks someone wants to recommend, lol?

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I used someone's referral link from this forum but I don't think I got anything. My referral link also doesn't mention anything about free stocks. :shrug:
After I signed up I got a link to verify my account, did you do that already? And did you download the app?

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
After I signed up I got a link to verify my account, did you do that already? And did you download the app?
Yeah. This is from their help page so I'm not holding out much hope.

It didn’t work for me. Why is that?

Make sure that your friend signed up with your link. You can confirm whether your friend used your link by going to the past invites screen (“Free Stocks” → “Past Invites”). Your friend will be able to see their free stock on their history screen.

If you think there was a mistake, please contact support with the referral link that was used, the new user’s username, and which platform you signed up on. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to credit everyone who didn’t sign up with the link.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. This is from their help page so I'm not holding out much hope.

It didn’t work for me. Why is that?

Make sure that your friend signed up with your link. You can confirm whether your friend used your link by going to the past invites screen (“Free Stocks” → “Past Invites”). Your friend will be able to see their free stock on their history screen.

If you think there was a mistake, please contact support with the referral link that was used, the new user’s username, and which platform you signed up on. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to credit everyone who didn’t sign up with the link.
I'm not sure. I've had no problems and my husband signed up through my link and had no problems. Maybe there is a delay because it is the weekend? Did you look on the left side menu of your app? Under history?

D

Deleted member 481

Yep! I added my bank account to receive 2 small deposits in next couple of days. I can't do anything else until I'm approved. Well, I suppose I could look up stock trading for dummies, lol.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I've had no problems and my husband signed up through my link and had no problems. Maybe there is a delay because it is the weekend? Did you look on the left side menu of your app? Under history?
Yup. Went through all that. Nothing. Sucks too cause I wanted to give it a try. Don't really feel like trying it without the free stuff.

Last edited:

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. Went through all that. Nothing. Sucks too cause I wanted to give it a try. Don't really feel like trying it without the free stuff. Now I feel left out.
When you clicked on the referral link (whoever you used) It should have had their name and said they had a free stock for you. Did it at least say that when you signed up?

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. Went through all that. Nothing. Sucks too cause I wanted to give it a try. Don't really feel like trying it without the free stuff. Now I feel left out.
Did you use someones referral link when you signed up? I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. That does suck. I don't want you to feel left out. I'm trying to think of what else you could do. Maybe ask YAHU @YAHU seems they know more about it I do believe. If I think of something else I will let you know.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you use someones referral link when you signed up? I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. That does suck. I don't want you to feel left out. I'm trying to think of what else you could do. Maybe ask YAHU @YAHU seems they know more about it I do believe. If I think of something else I will let you know.
yeah if you missed out you missed out. If you could tell that person to take the ref link out of their sig or whoever it is from my list then that would be cool.

Reactions: nopoopwarez
D

Deleted member 526

I signed up on a desktop pc. it said free stock at first. then after I signed up it didn't say anything else about free stock. then I logged in on my ipad. free stock was there! :D

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I signed up on a desktop pc. it said free stock at first. then after I signed up it didn't say anything else about free stock. then I logged in on my ipad. free stock was there! :D
Yeah, I too signed up on my desktop, verified my account & then downloaded the app. Not sure if that made a difference but I had no problems.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
In the app on your device, the sidebar menu has a "Free Stocks" option. Open it and your referral link is toward the bottom.
o.0 wth
mine doesn't have a "free stocks" and has referral just in the side menu...