Health Nuts

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
So, I’m trying to get back on the Keto and not drinking starting today. I just wanted to post that here for some accountability really. If you get a weird text message from me, I’m probably drunk. I won’t be able to quit drinking completely, but I’m hoping that I can stop the binge drinking.

And I miss sweets already.

i started low carb today (not cutting fruit, eating a serving a day).

no drinking during the week, and going back to diet coke and rum for a while at the bar.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not supposed to do Keto (especially long-term) b/c of my stupid kidney.

So right now I'm prepping a fuckton of high-fiber lower-glycomic meals to stick in the freezer. We'll see if that will work with my PCOS well enough. It won't be as great as the low-carb or Keto results, but maybe I can get back on the train still.
At least enough to not die when I go back to the Canyon in a couple weeks. I've not been in like 16 years lmao.

(I'm also prepping a ton of meals for the kids so they don't eat up mine, and so I have easy things to throw at them when I've got carb-withdrawl bullshit. )

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not supposed to do Keto (especially long-term) b/c of my stupid kidney.

So right now I'm prepping a fuckton of high-fiber lower-glycomic meals to stick in the freezer. We'll see if that will work with my PCOS well enough. It won't be as great as the low-carb or Keto results, but maybe I can get back on the train still.
At least enough to not die when I go back to the Canyon in a couple weeks. I've not been in like 16 years lmao.

(I'm also prepping a ton of meals for the kids so they don't eat up mine, and so I have easy things to throw at them when I've got carb-withdrawl bullshit. )
Can I just say here that it absolutely sucks balls to not be able to use protein to stay full because of kidney issues? :cliff:

How are we supposed to follow a higher carb diet and lose weight :rage:

savvy

Reaction score
Often times high protein AND high fat causes me a lot of digestive unrest, and carbs are the only thing that doesn't piss off my digestive tract. its a load of fun.

but also, I signed up officially for a 10k on Oct 29. RIP me.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Can I just say here that it absolutely sucks balls to not be able to use protein to stay full because of kidney issues? :cliff:

How are we supposed to follow a higher carb diet and lose weight :rage:
I'm hoping the high-fiber/low glycemic thing will work for me. It'll be slow b/c of my pcos- but... I gotta try something again before I get back up to my heaviest ?

• Love
Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

savvy

Reaction score
running 6-10 miles a week

dancing 6 hours a week

farm

eating way better, way less.

cut drinking

lose 0 pounds

:rain:

• Wow
Reactions: Binxybaby

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I've been doing IF and keto for a few weeks. I've done it before as well. We cheat on the weekends, we should only do one day but its hard. I lost a few lbs but then we got off track and I gained it back. I have a fitbit but its hard to make my step goal and its only at 7,000. I keep wanting to go on walks after work but its either too hot or raining. FL is the worst sometimes. I know diet alone isnt enough its just hard to get motivated to actually exercise.

Reactions: savvy

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
T @theturkscribe I started dealing with acid reflux when I turned 40. Also thought I was having a heart attack the first time! My triggers are usually from eating late at night. I used to work night shift in restaurants and have a big fatty meal after work since I rarely got to stop and eat so I was starving. Eating too close to bedtime always hurts. lol.

I now make dinner a lighter meal like a light soup and salad. Lunch is for when I eat something heavy carb. Eating bananas helps. Drinking lots of water. Avoiding carbonated drinks. No coffee at night. :( And if I think I might get it I prop up on extra pillows before falling asleep. Keeping your head above your heart at night helps a ton! My mom and stepdad propped up the top end of their bed because they both get it so bad. Good luck to you! It sucks but it can be treated and reduced.

Last edited:

Binxybaby

Reaction score
T @theturkscribe I have really bad acid reflux too. Started about 3 years ago while I was pregnant with my son and hasn't gone away. I get acid reflux sometimes from drinking water. I recently go prescribed something from my doctor for it but Im bad at remembering to take medications. Im pretty sure she is going to want to send me to a GI to get it checked out but Im about to switch jobs and I probably wont get insurance at my next job because its more expensive.

I dont have any tips. Im here to find tips from other turkers and offer support that you are not alone in your struggle with it.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
T @theturkscribe I started dealing with acid reflux when I turned 40. Also thought I was having a heart attack the first time! My triggers are usually from eating late at night. I used to work night shift in restaurants and have a big fatty meal
T @theturkscribe I have really bad acid reflux too. Started about 3 years ago while I was pregnant with my son and hasn't gone away. I get acid reflux sometimes from drinking water. I recently go prescribed something from my doctor
Thanks guys! Yes I went to the ER with chest pain. They ruled out pneumonia and cardiac problems. I was there all night getting treated and tested though. They also had to bring down my blood pressure. I do have some kind of respiratory infection because I'm coughing up stuff but AR seems to be fine now but I'm on day 5 of prilosec and a very strict diet. So I have high blood pressure, AR, some kind of chest cold...oh and then I was in the hospital all morning with a migraine from on of the meds and they wouldn't give me ibuprofen for it and it took hours to get an excedrin! My pharm friend says all the pharmacies are understaffed and overwhelemed so this is common now. I was in baaaaaaad shape as bad as a migraine gets. A nurse offered me milk and graham crackers LOL and they never got me breakfast. The whole thing was just an ordeal and it took longer just to recover from all of the nonsense.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
LFH (looking for hack)
This is not survey content - but it is for a survey via mturk. They asked me to ask people so...
"How do you get yourself to workout? Can you share your motivational tips and strategies?"

savvy

Reaction score
LFH (looking for hack)
This is not survey content - but it is for a survey via mturk. They asked me to ask people so...
"How do you get yourself to workout? Can you share your motivational tips and strategies?"

I am not nice to myself, that's for sure.

savvy

Reaction score
I run my 10k Saturday. It's supposed to be like 53 degrees and raining. Going to be miserable.

should also hear about my bloodwork this week. should be normal, which will piss me off.

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I run my 10k Saturday. It's supposed to be like 53 degrees and raining. Going to be miserable.

should also hear about my bloodwork this week. should be normal, which will piss me off.
wait we hate normal bloodwork? is that because you want an answer to something? then i totally get it.