10/18 - Wait Until Dark Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So, I walked out of a hornets nest yesterday and forgot to mention it.

So these kids in school kept picking on my daughter. calling her fat and a bitch. She is in third grade. After so many days of seeing her come home crying I called the school. three more days went by and it was getting worse. The kids were riding in front of my house and doing it now. Well, yesterday, they were out and about and there were some adults with them. When the kid got in front of my house on his bike I stood in front of him and told him to stop right there. I gave him that "pissed off dad" look and said "you got a problem with my daughter?"

"No sir I don't" I hear you are making fun of her in school. "No, I am not!" So, you don't call her a bitch? you could see him squirm and he yelled and pointed at the kid with him "Well he does too!"

I said "It ends now. If it doesn't, you don't even want to know what I will do to you and your friend. Got it?" He shook his head and just sat there.

I started talking to the adults with them and look and the kid is still there. I said "you can go now." and he slowly rode off.

Turns out the adults with him was his grandmother and she is the mayor of my town. I apologized, but she said it was fine and he would get much worse when he gets home.

I really felt like being like this...

That's really awful. Sorry that's happening to her. I remember some bullying going on with my son when he was around that age...and then a few years later in 5th grade I think. It was so frustrating, but I had to do the same thing. At the first school I would just go and sit in the sandbox at lunch. I finally got into it with the school since one of the bully's mother worked there, and just ended up taking my son to a better school. But then, in 5th grade it happened again, but he had a good teacher that managed to stop it. It took a lot of haranging though. Anyway, in my opinion, you're doing the right thing. You have to stand up somehow or it just gets worse. Even if your child stands up, they need the back up, in my experience. That seems to be what bullys respect.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Halfway through the Qlab and it seems to have given up on loading

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 6 minute survey, get 75 cents(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Kristin Smith-Crowe [AXE3K04YPKKCG] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.42] [Fast: 4.86] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 12] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.75
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 11
Description: You will need to complete the survey in one sitting.
Requirements: Exc: [61847-61258] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Time: 03:33
Hourly: $12.66

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
? How do I install HIT Finder been using Panda crazy, Which one is better?

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
https://prnt.sc/gz0mz8

Can someone so nice, thats had some coffee take there valuable time, to let me know the best scrapper settings :)
I haven't used that program in ages, but if I recall how it works correctly, you may want to lower that batch size requirement, in addition to the other advise folks have offered.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
So, I walked out of a hornets nest yesterday and forgot to mention it.

So these kids in school kept picking on my daughter. calling her fat and a bitch. She is in third grade. After so many days of seeing her come home crying I called the school. three more days went by and it was getting worse. The kids were riding in front of my house and doing it now. Well, yesterday, they were out and about and there were some adults with them. When the kid got in front of my house on his bike I stood in front of him and told him to stop right there. I gave him that "pissed off dad" look and said "you got a problem with my daughter?"

"No sir I don't" I hear you are making fun of her in school. "No, I am not!" So, you don't call her a bitch? you could see him squirm and he yelled and pointed at the kid with him "Well he does too!"

I said "It ends now. If it doesn't, you don't even want to know what I will do to you and your friend. Got it?" He shook his head and just sat there.

I started talking to the adults with them and look and the kid is still there. I said "you can go now." and he slowly rode off.

Turns out the adults with him was his grandmother and she is the mayor of my town. I apologized, but she said it was fine and he would get much worse when he gets home.

I really felt like being like this...

Kids are so mean nowadays, seems so much worse than when we were kids. I got four eyes sometimes but I would still take that over being called a bitch at such a young age. I would want to beat the crap out of a kid to if they started bullying my kid.
Good for you for defending your kid! you are a fantastic dad!

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short survey about your choices & opinions | PANDA
Requester: Fidek Lab [A10GV6HGYBZ1LV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.41] [Fast: 4.82] [Comm: 3.80] [Fair: 4.72] [Reviews: 36] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.10
Available: 1
Description: Short survey about your choices & opinions
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US;

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Evergreen Queen

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
? How do I install HIT Finder been using Panda crazy, Which one is better?
You can google MTS Suite MTurk. I use Panda Crazy with Hit Finder, though the suite has a program that does the same thing, which I haven't tried yet.

Reactions: KYKITTY

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pitch Perception Experiment: $3.50 BONUS possible for a total of $3.75 in url] | [url=https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=379R4POZ46YZUGNIK2NSYF1NFYVRXH]PANDA
Requester: McDermott Experiments [A19YWY6E1CP566] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.23] [Fast: 4.29] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 4.36] [Reviews: 145] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $11.07/hr] [Pen: 2.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 67% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 60 minutes
Description: Listen pairs of notes and decide whether the second is higher or lower.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;[/url]
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=379R4POZ46YZUGNIK2NSYF1NFYVRXH
[tr][td]
HIT exported from [url=http://mturksuite.com/]Mturk Suite
v1.25.7
[/td][/tr]
[/url]
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=379R4POZ46YZUGNIK2NSYF1NFYVRXH

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short survey about your choices & opinions | PANDA
Requester: Fidek Lab [A10GV6HGYBZ1LV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.41] [Fast: 4.82] [Comm: 3.80] [Fair: 4.72] [Reviews: 36] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.10
Description: Short survey about your choices & opinions
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US;

Time: 02:23
Hourly: $27.69

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
That's really awful. Sorry that's happening to her. I remember some bullying going on with my son when he was around that age...and then a few years later in 5th grade I think. It was so frustrating, but I had to do the same thing. At the first school I would just go and sit in the sandbox at lunch. I finally got into it with the school since one of the bully's mother worked there, and just ended up taking my son to a better school. But then, in 5th grade it happened again, but he had a good teacher that managed to stop it. It took a lot of haranging though. Anyway, in my opinion, you're doing the right thing. You have to stand up somehow or it just gets worse. Even if your child stands up, they need the back up, in my experience. That seems to be what bullys respect.
Kids are so mean nowadays, seems so much worse than when we were kids. I got four eyes sometimes but I would still take that over being called a bitch at such a young age. I would want to beat the crap out of a kid to if they started bullying my kid.
Good for you for defending your kid! you are a fantastic dad!
Weird thing is... I just stopped by her school cause I had to drop my youngest off there for preschool. I asked her teacher how things were going between the two of them and explained what I did.

Her teacher said that he is being nothing but nice to her and they even partnered up on a class project this morning.

Color me confused, but my child has always been a very forgiving person...

Status
Not open for further replies.