10/18 - Wait Until Dark Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No, but seriously, has anyone gotten an ETS Grammaticality HIT to submit? I have 2 in my queue I'd rather not throw back, and "it's broke" script didn't work :(

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
From other forum.

• e. Policies and Site Access. Please review our Acceptable Use Policy for examples of prohibited activities. You are solely responsible for compliance with the Acceptable Use Policy and any other policies that we post on the Site or otherwise provide to you. Your right to use the Site is limited to your use and you are only authorized to use it in connection with requesting and performing Tasks. You may not use the Site for any other purposes or in any way that: (i) is unlawful; (ii) harms Amazon Mechanical Turk (e.g., to support any competing marketplace), or its customers, suppliers or other parties, as determined in our sole discretion; (iii) violates this Agreement; or (iv) could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site (or any network(s) connected to the Site), interferes with any other party's use of the Site, or otherwise undermines the integrity of the Site or any of its features. Except as may be permitted in the Acceptable Use Policy, you may not use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction tools on the Site.

• (3) do not disrupt or impair the operation of the website or the integrity of the marketplace (e.g., scripts and automation tools that call MTurk continuously and at high frequency aren't OK). As a result, we'll have to make tough calls from time to time when we notice unusual account activity resulting from a particular script or automation tool. Please remember that you are responsible for any script or automation tool that you use with MTurk, and your use of a script or automation tool is at your own risk.

Reactions: Jaded
D

Deleted member 4195

No, but seriously, has anyone gotten an ETS Grammaticality HIT to submit? I have 2 in my queue I'd rather not throw back, and "it's broke" script didn't work :(
I did 12 or 13 last month. One time there was a prob with them not even loading, but the next day they were fine

Reactions: Starslip

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: VotingGame-291 | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: AMT Surveys [A2AKA780E0K7FS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.18] [Fast: 4.89] [Comm: 4.79] [Fair: 4.96] [Reviews: 84] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.00/hr] [Pen: 0.02 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: You will receive up to $5 including bonus for less than 20min, payable immediately! You will play with other Turkers to coordinate in a Voting Game
Requirements: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

D

Deleted member 526

iirc I tried 1 or 2 of those at least a couple weeks ago, and they were broken. maybe if you search the forum it will be clearer if they ever fixed it?

Reactions: Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
iirc I tried 1 or 2 of those at least a couple weeks ago, and they were broken. maybe if you search the forum it will be clearer if they ever fixed it?
The last post about them before today was me saying they're broken at the end of september :LOL:

I'll just bug the requester

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 526

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So what can we do to lessen our risk? what particular scripts call mturk continously and at high frequency? JR panda? Just curious so I know if I have to find an alternative that doesn't do as much as I'd rather not get banned :(
I don't think anyone knows, to be honest. It's so intentionally vaguely worded, that it can really be interpreted in a lot of different ways. It sounds like they're talking about stuff like PC or whatever, but it's really hard to know until they start enforcing stuff. As always, I think it's best to just be mindful of what you're doing. It's very important to know what the scripts that you're using do and how they work.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I found this as another source of information: https://www.reddit.com/r/mturk/comments/7792q0/the_tos_violations_page_is_gone/
Seems like the changes are fairly recent, at least according to Reddit

Edit: So, just started using the tools today I've gotten used to MT Suite -- but now it looks like Amazon doesn't want us to use them, hmm...
yeah, it's hard to interpret exactly. It says

What Worker scripts and automation tools are permitted?

We are generally OK with you using scripts and automation tools to help you search and preview Human Intelligence Tasks ("HITs") more efficiently on the MTurk website, as long as those scripts and automation tools (1) do not serve as a substitute for your human judgment to complete work, (2) do not extract and store data from the MTurk website, and (3) do not disrupt or impair the operation of the website or the integrity of the marketplace (e.g., scripts and automation tools that call MTurk continuously and at high frequency aren't OK)

Which sort of sounds like Hitscraper of Hitfinder would be included as ok, unless they put too heavy a demand on the site. I wonder how that's determined. I mean, I know sometimes I get messages about too many page requests, then I know I have too much going on...but otherwise how would you know. Yeah. It's kind of concerning.

squee

I turk therefore I am
Contributor
Reaction score
So i guess I'm gonna have to update hitdatabase every 5 hits to avoid running into PREs when running a long update?

Reactions: turkLion

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: The North Face Vacation: Outdoor Activities and Conservation Effort Survey | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Ryan Langan [AQEWVMOFYOMDO] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.91] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: The short 18 question survey is designed to get consumers thoughts on outdoor activity and land conservation interest and how interested would they be to combine the two while engaging in an outdoor adventure vacation.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 94; Location In CA, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Time: 00:52
Hourly: $68.14

Reactions: Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.