12/16 - So Perfect Saturday!

Do you like cheese on your hamburger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
A quick thank you to Kadauchi @Kadauchi & others that are working on updating/enhancing scripts. You're the backbone of MTurk. If I wasn't saving up for an insane tax bill, I'd be donating to y'all.
Not going to lie, I'm a little worried the IRS is going to come throw me in jail if I come up short in the next few weeks.

arcyjay

Reaction score
No I have found most if not all r the same...
Interesting. All the ones I had in TurkMaster are useless now so I'm having to search for them all again.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I'm a little worried the IRS is going to come throw me in jail if I come up short in the next few weeks.
They won't. They'll just add interest charges at worst.
(IANAL or an accountant.)

Reactions: SarahAshlee90

Pacis Amans

Reaction score
Let me be the first person on this day's page to say the worker site is a complete shit sandwich. The little nuisances and changes are annoying, but the worst thing is the loss of pandas. The fact that I can't TM or PC anything unless I've already caught it is going to cost me a lot of money. I get that their are work arounds, but that's a lot of extra work for something that was so simple. I'm officially salty.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that I can't go directly to me queue from the hit page is a pain also.
I'm also a bit annoyed at the changes, and have been spending the morning updating and figuring out work-arounds for all my scripts. With respect to Panda (I use Panda Crazy and Panda Crazy Helper), I found that if you click on the + in the HIT (for details) there's a Panda button (PC add: PANDA or ONCE buttons) there. So... I've been right-clicking Preview or Accept and Work, opening them in a new tab, and then if I miss the HIT, go back to the original HITs page I was on and expanding the detail, then clicking the Panda button there. It's worked for me so far =) Hope this helps!

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
They won't. They'll just add interest charges at worst.
(IANAL or an accountant.)
I hope you are right. There's a chance I'm going to be really short, I had some large expenses this year and Mturk doesn't withhold anything.

Req.body

Crow
Contributor
Reaction score
oh god those pictures are really screwing my brain:spaz:

Reactions: C to the J

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I hope you are right. There's a chance I'm going to be really short, I had some large expenses this year and Mturk doesn't withhold anything.
You make a payment agreement with them if that happens. They dont come for you unless you dont do anything about the bill (or default on the payments)

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision making study 3 | Accept
Requester: SmithOscar [AKL99MZHRN058] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $10.62] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.37] [Fast: 4.81] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.98] [Reviews: 74] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.50
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 240
Description: Decision making study
Requirements: uoz DoesNotExist; Already taken DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.26.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Req.body

PhilGil

Reaction score
IANAL, etc...

The worst that will happen if you haven't made quarterly payments is that you'll have to pay a small penalty. And, at the income level of the average turker it isn't going to amount to much. If you want to avoid the potential penalty, you can still make a payment before the end of the year.

EDIT: If you're talking about paying your taxes, you do have until April 15th of next year. And, as catnapped @catnapped said, the IRS will let you set up a payment plan. You're not the first person who's come up short.

Last edited:

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Identify entities in dialogue. | Accept
Requester: Deep Dialogue [A1DGWH87NMS7M5] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $22.22] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 32] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.10
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 156
Description: -
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.26.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I'm only getting person A, not conversations? Anyone else?

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
IANAL, etc...

The worst that will happen if you haven't made quarterly payments is that you'll have to pay a small penalty. And, at the income level of the average turker it isn't going to amount to much. If you want to avoid the potential penalty, you can still make a payment before the end of the year.
I've made a touch more than the average worker.
I dont think it will be that big of a deal but I may have to use January earnings to pay 2017 taxes. Then I start out 2018 behind.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
IANAL, etc...

EDIT: If you're talking about paying your taxes, you do have until April 15th of next year. And, as catnapped @catnapped said, the IRS will let you set up a payment plan. You're not the first person who's come up short.
I'm almost certain she's in the "omfg that much?!?" category

PhilGil

Reaction score
I dont think it will be that big of a deal but I may have to use January earnings to pay 2017 taxes. Then I start out 2018 behind.
Someone else can correct me on this, but AFAIK quarterly payments are not tracked by the IRS. As long as you're squared up at the end of 2018 I don't think they care when the money comes in. You can still get further behind if you can't catch up, of course.

Reactions: SarahAshlee90

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Quick survey about car buying | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: IL Team [A3HK1TA36RVPL4] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.99] [Fast: 4.20] [Comm: 2.00] [Fair: 3.97] [Reviews: 89] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
6 minute survey about car buying
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
Just reminding everyone that the admins of the forum and the script creators are working for free so please if you can donate do it ... It really does help keep the site running and allows us to make money as well. So if you have some extra money donate. click on the menu and at the bottom is a donate button.

As for the creator of MTS (Kadauchi) something most everyone uses there is a support button in the MTS extension icon If you click on the gear wheel thingy

in the upper right hand corner and scroll to the bottom there is a paypal donation spot and it looks like this .
I am still waiting on some money coming in, but believe me I have some donations in mind. I am not a full timer (even if it seems like I'm here a bunch) 2017 = $2,858.33. I have been here with you guys trying to make some spare change for things like food, my phone bill and car insurance. I know I should have been putting a percent aside, but I suck at budgeting in general. Don't give up on me yet.

I am very thankful for the people responsible for the forum and the the many people the have poured their time into writing scripts and sharing them freely. I also like the people that do the AHK stuff, even though I don't use any of that type of thing.

Without the forum and the people writing and sharing scripts my year would have been much less. I know this.

Note to self - put a small percentage aside for the future of the forum, buy one less 4 pack of half quarts a week, it will add up and you will feel good about it.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Worst case scenario you throw on a fake mustache and ditch town.

Status
Not open for further replies.