Never Ending Chat

Favorite animals:

• Total voters

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
That reminds me I have some leftover chili I made this weekend.
I need to find a good vegetarian chili recipe. I used to make it all the time when I ate meat, but haven't even attempted it since I quit. I love stuff like that though, where you can make massive batches and freeze whatever you won't eat right away.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I need to find a good vegetarian chili recipe. I used to make it all the time when I ate meat, but haven't even attempted it since I quit. I love stuff like that though, where you can make massive batches and freeze whatever you won't eat right away.
This is pretty close to what I make. I don't use chipotle add chili powder and some veg broth instead plain water. Carrots and corn are good add-ins. Serve it over rice or mix the rice in. Can do pinto beans and russet potatoes too. Or a combo. Hard to mess it up no matter what you add.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250222/sweet-potato-black-bean-chili/

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: kryss and coffeeowl

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
This is pretty close to what I make. I don't use chipotle add chili powder and some veg broth instead plain water. Carrots and corn are good add-ins. Serve it over rice or mix the rice in. Can do pinto beans and russet potatoes too. Or a combo. Hard to mess it up no matter what you add.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250222/sweet-potato-black-bean-chili/
kinda want to make this and throw a mango in there too, or pineapple? never tried pineapple in a chili but it sounds good now

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I've been using chickpea pasta instead of meat, as long as you season, it still tastes just as good.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
kinda want to make this and throw a mango in there too, or pineapple? never tried pineapple in a chili but it sounds good now
I bet either grilled would be delish or peaches. My fave store-bought salsa is the peach mango from Whole Paycheck.

Sorry Peachy @Peachy.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
How is yer job going VGB @VGB?
its going great tbh

i'm picking up overtime regularly to help start paying down some debt, keeping eyes and ears open for higher positions if the location is right

not ideal but its better than previous jobs where they'd get pissed once you got near 40

good co-workers and bosses etc... just avoid corporate any time they walk through because i hate small talking with ghouls

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
its going great tbh

i'm picking up overtime regularly to help start paying down some debt, keeping eyes and ears open for higher positions if the location is right

not ideal but its better than previous jobs where they'd get pissed once you got near 40

good co-workers and bosses etc... just avoid corporate any time they walk through because i hate small talking with ghouls
That sounds good. And fuck corporate. We used to mess with them when I was in places that had to deal with THOSE PEOPLE. Oh look, it's Tuesday what are they going to change that doesn't need to be changed this week? Corporate restaurants are the worst places to work.

:eyeroll:

Reactions: aveline and VGB

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
That sounds good. And fuck corporate. We used to mess with them when I was in places that had to deal with THOSE PEOPLE. Oh look, it's Tuesday what are they going to change that doesn't need to be changed this week? Corporate restaurants are the worst places to work.

:eyeroll:
my favorite is when they come in and try to be covert as if 7 nerds in suits aimlessly meandering around a store pointing at stuff isn't a dead giveaway